10.

Donghee walked into the apartment

Donghee walked into the apartment. The apartment itself was expensive. Donghee knew this area of the city well - it was an expensive area. The university she went to was expensive, the houses and apartments here were expensive - everything was pricey.

His apartment was spacious, much more spacious than her apartment. The living room itself was already bigger than Donghee's kitchen and bedroom combined.

The walls were painted a shade of cloud grey while the ceiling was painted white. The floorboards were graphite wood while in some areas it was marble tiles. The apartment was filled with shades but it was so beautiful. It was a modern industrial apartment.

"It's so..wow.." Donghee looked around the spacious living room. Her hand trailed over the black leather couch. She looked over to Jeno. He was standing in the middle of the kitchen, gulping down a cup of water.

"Glad you like it. The whole place is yours until your stable with things. There's two bedrooms so you can take the spare room, it's just the door closest to the balcony. If there's any time when you're low on clothes then feel free to take something from my room." Jeno showed her a cute smile, showing off his crescent eye smile.

"I'll keep the spare keys to the apartment on the kitchen counter alongside my phone number incase of any emergencies." Jeno was about to walk out of the kitchen until he turned back to face Donghee with a hesitant expression.

"Is everything okay?" Donghee asked. Jeno had a finger pointed and eyes brows furrowed, clearly showing that he was unsure about something.

"I might wanna warn you that uh..Jaemin comes here a lot. He also has a key to the apartment and he comes by really often. If he comes, don't be surprised. He also sometimes sleeps over in my room so uh..yea." Jeno left the kitchen, giving Donghee one last wave before walking out the apartment.

. . .

"Miss Nam please, I need you to stay still." Donghee was collecting Miss Nam's dirty clothes while Yuri was feeding her breakfast. The both of them had already dressed her after bathing her. Yuri did most of the important work while Donghee did the side jobs.

"I'm not hungry." Miss Nam stubbornly turned her head away from Yuri.
"Miss Nam please, you must eat your food." Yuri stated firmly. The last five minutes were just Miss Nam refusing to eat.

Miss Nam however, didn't budge. Donghee would divert her eyes to them every now and then. "Unnie, if you want, I can feed her?" Donghee offered quietly. Yuri turned to Donghee, shaking her head. "You shouldn't-"
"I can try?"
"Yah, do I look like an animal to you? Am I an animal you think you can just tame just because you're you? What are you? Snow white? Huh?!" Miss Nam yelled. Both Yuri and Donghee flinched in their seats.

"Donghee why don't you go to room 168. There's a young boy in that room that might want company. A nurse should also be in there." Yuri nodded her head at Donghee, reassuring that it was okay for her to go.

Donghee bowed at the two older females before leaving the room. Donghee made her way to the elevator and to room 168. When outside the room, she knocked on the door before hearing a faint 'come in.'

"Oh you must be the placement worker?" The male nurse asked. Donghee nodded her head with a light smile. She walked over to the hospital bed that lied a young boy.

"This is Siwoo, Choi Siwoo. He's 8 years old and has a broken leg. His father works full time and can't take care of him and so he spends his time in the hospital." The nurse explained, gently patting Siwoo on the shoulder.

Donghee looked at the name tag on the nurse's uniform. Byun Seojin. Seojin noticed the subtle action, gasping at the realisation.

"I didn't introduce myself. I'm Seojin, born in 1995."
"Donghee, 2001." Donghee placed her arm out, shaking Seojin's hand.
"I'm quite old compared to you." Seojin laughed at the, somewhat large, age gap.
"No no not at all!" Donghee chuckled, not knowing how to respond to his comment. Seojin chuckled following her laugh.

Soon, the room was nothing but silence and the wind's breeze outside. Siwoo was quietly colouring in a drawing with the help of Donghee.

"Noona?" Siwoo called the older, "Are you a nurse? How come you don't wear nurse clothes?" Siwoo looked up from the colouring book.
"I'm not a nurse but I want to be one."
"If you're not a nurse then why are you here?" Siwoo asked. Donghee couldn't help but giggle at his sassiness.
"Because I'm training." Siwoo nodded his head, looking back down at the colouring book.

"My mum used to be a nurse.." Siwoo says quietly. His colouring motions stopped, freezing as he said those words. "What happened?" Seojin asked.
"One of her patients killed her out of rage, that's what dad says." Both adults kept their mouths shut, unsure of how to respond to the boy that spoke with a dull tone.

Donghee decided to break the tension the boy unknowingly created. "Siwoo should I colour the flower orange?"

 "Siwoo should I colour the flower orange?"

say hi to siwoo:) he's an adorable boy