Chapter 8

I gasped as I was completely taken by surprise. His lips were smooth and the smell of wine lingered in his breath. He moved his lips in gentle strokes against mine making my body shudder in response.

There was an urgent need hidden behind the controlled nature of the kiss. I could sense it like it was my own. But I knew it wasn't. My mind hadn't completely betrayed me yet. It was still reeling from the shock of being kissed.

My body however, did the exact opposite. It burned and ached for his touch. No other man had made me feel lust on this level. But something in me also recognised that this was beyond some mere carnal passion. It was deeper. The need was as vital as the need for air.

I opened up for him when he began to bite and suck at my lower lip. His tongue pushed in tasting me on the inside. I moaned as our tongues danced in harmonious tandem. The feeling was incredible. My mind and body were slowly beginning to drown into a state of bliss.

He groaned when I grasped his head and pulled him in closer. The heat was slowly building, making me ache for more of him. Tilting his head, he deepened the kiss. I could feel the heat radiating off his body. Lightly, I bit him back, silently begging for more.

A growl left his lips as he picked up on my hint. Suddenly our kiss picked up speed and became frantic as the need to be consumed increased. Without breaking the kiss, he straightened up, pulling me up with him. His hands wandered to my ass lifting me off the floor.

Gasping from the sudden movement, I instinctively wrapped my legs around him and held onto his shoulders tightly. My dress rode up revealing my lace panties. He growled when he adjusted his hold and his hands came into contact with my bare ass cheeks.

Breaking the kiss to catch our breath, I closed my eyes and tilted my head up as he continued to trail kisses down my exposed neck. My pussy throbbed with need as his hands massaged my ass cheeks. A breathy moan escaped me when I felt his hard cock against my wet centre. I began to grind against his length as the intense need started to overwhelm me.

A guttural sound left his lips before he started to move his length against my core in response. My body felt like it was on fire. A fire that only this man could quench. I was moaning, panting and scratching his back as the ache seemed to get worse.

I was so lost in the moment that I hadn't realised we had moved into the bedroom until my back hit the soft bed. I opened my eyes to find him staring intently at me. He was panting and his eyes were glowing strangely again.

It did not scare me or put me off. Instead, it turned me on even more. Arching and lifting my back I turned slightly to the side while still grinding my pelvis against his. His head immediately went to my neck and he started to kiss and suck that sensitive spot. My pussy started to leak juices completely soaking my panties. I moaned and writhed under him.

"Fuck Mia! You are killing me!"

He began to grind against me faster. I wrapped my legs around him locking him in place and mewled feeling the friction on my clit increase.

"Tell me what you want baby." His voice was heavy with lust and need.

I gasped. "D-don't stop."

Gripping the strap of my dress he pulled it down releasing one my breasts. Bending down he took my nipple in his mouth and sucked hard.

"Ah.. Thomas..." I squirmed as pleasure shot through me in waves. A possessive growl tore through the room as he started to bite and suck my hardened nipple at the same time. The stinging sensation combined with the pleasure drove me wild.

"You're so beautiful baby... So fucking beautiful" he murmured as he released my nipple and began to kiss around it.

The words brought back a flash of another person on top of me saying the exact same thing. Except, I wasn't screaming in pleasure. I was screaming in terror.

Everything happened at once.

I tensed and my eyes flew open and just as I was about to open my mouth and ask him to stop, all his movements ceased.

He let go of my breast and slowly brought his gaze up to mine. His eyes flashed with concern. "What's wrong baby?"

"Uh... n-nothing." I answered too quickly. Not buying into my response, his lips formed into a thin line as he raised an eyebrow. But I was glad when he didn't say anything. Instead, he leaned forward and adjusted my dress before planting a kiss on my forehead. He then rolled off and lay beside me on the bed.

After a few minutes, he propped himself on one elbow and turned towards me. His voice sounded sombre. "Mia. I just want you to know that you can tell me anything. You can trust that I will always be here for you and I don't want there to be anything between us."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Us? What is "us" Thomas? I mean what are we to each other?"

I pointed at him and then at myself and snorted. "Certainly not boss and employee at this point."

I barely knew the man and here he was talking as if we were lovers already!

He sighed and fell back on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

There was a long pause as we listened to the sounds of the city below. "We can be whatever you want us to be. But I would like us to get to know each other and hopefully one day have something meaningful between us. If that is something you would like as well."

I threw my hands up in the air at his response. "But you are my boss! What will people at work say when they find out I'm hooking up with the boss?"

A sudden flash of panic went through me when I realised that in my lust filled haze at the club, I did not take into account that someone from our gang could have spotted me. "Shit! There were people from work at the club! What if they saw the two of us ?!"

He turned and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in closer. Grabbing my chin gently he turned my head to face him. His brows were furrowed and his eyes searched my face looking for something. He let out a slow breath when he couldn't find whatever he was looking for.

"Is that important to you Mia? You would give up something that makes you happy for the sake of others and their opinions?"

"Well n-no. That's not what I meant. I just don't want to be the centre of office gossip."

"That's understandable."

He paused, staring off into the distance. The glow from the street lamps outside filtered in, highlighting his serious expression. "Let's just take it one day at a time and see how it goes. In the meantime, we will be careful. What do you think?"

I nodded as a yawn stopped me from speaking. I couldn't think anymore even if I wanted to find a loophole to counter argue. The tiredness from the day's events was finally catching up with me.

He chuckled and planted a kiss to my forehead. "I think its time for bed. We will discuss the rest over the phone or when I fly into town next"

I jolted awake at that sentence. He was leaving?

"What do you mean?"

Rubbing his thumb along my jaw he smiled in amusement. "Well, I don't live here. I need to get back home to Portland. I was only here to sort out this acquisition. I'll be leaving in a couple of hours. Why? Are you going to miss me sweetheart?"

I stuttered. "What? N-no."

Seeing his teasing expression, I decided to play along. I smiled mischievously and winked before adding, "Maybe"

He laughed before bending down to peck my lips.

"I'm going to miss you like crazy. Sleep now"

Cuddling close to him, I sighed. I felt like I was already missing him even though he was right here beside me.

Breathing in his musky cologne and wrapped up in his arms, I let the sounds of the city fade into the background, as sleep claimed me for its own.