Chapter 16

North's P.O.V. (This takes place the next night, when they are all working)

          I hate this.

           I know I should be keeping an eye out for anything suspicious, but all night I've been focused on Sang, which is much harder than I would like it to be. She's just one tiny girl in a sea of people and the lighting in this place sucks.

I hate those uniforms too. Okay, that's a lie. I fucking love the uniforms, I just wish she didn't have to wear them in front of these creeps.

I actually feel that way for all of the girls, but after the incident last weekend, I'm hyper aware of every move Sang makes in this place.

I'm also very surprised that Sean cleared her. I know he's the Doctor but is he one hundred percent sure she'll be okay? This place is not the best for somebody with a recent head injury.

"Why do you look like you have a stick up your ass?," Raven asks.

"Shut up," I snap.

         "Aw, are you still mad at me?," he fakes a pout.

         "Yes."

          "I do not understand why. She's an adult," he grins, "Plus, she obviously put a bunch of thought into my cover. I couldn't blow it. If Coaltar saw me following them, he would have been suspicious."

      I roll my eyes. Raven seems to think that everybody wants to have sex with him.

        "I don't care that she went. She obviously handled herself well. I just don't like that she was alone with Coaltar, with no backup when she had no idea what he was up to."

      Speaking of Coaltar, that's exactly who she is with right now. Thankfully, the booth is near the front so I can see her better. However, Blake has his hand on her thigh and she's laughing at something he said. I know that he's not involved with this JH-14 shit, but I still don't trust him. I don't think I'm the only one on the team that feels that way.

         "I hated it too," Raven says and that's the end of our conversation for awhile.

          Maybe an hour or two later, I see Sang go up the stairs and I'm on edge. I want to drag her back down where I can keep an eye on her, but I can't, which just puts me in a bad mood. I don't know why the fuck they wouldn't have extra security up there as well. I think last weekend shows that somebody should be around these girls at all times.

      Thankfully, the night goes by without any incidents, but that doesn't make me feel any better. This place is going to give me a damn heart attack.

After the place has shut down, the girls go to change and get their tips for the night. So we end up sitting up at the bar with Marc so we can walk them to their cars.

       Sang is the first one back out. She gives Marc, Kai, Raven, and me our tip outs. Kai hardly acknowledges her and walks to the other end of the bar to finish up.

"I'm going out with the rest of the girls for breakfast," she smiles, "I'm going to be worn out by the time I get home, so nobody bother me until tomorrow afternoon." She's speaking quietly, just incase anybody overhears us.

       "Who are you riding with?," I ask. Most of the girls, if not all of them, have been drinking tonight. I don't think any of them are drunk from what I can tell, but I'm not risking it.

       "Ivy's driving us. She has to go pick her kid up after, so she hasn't been drinking," she says, as if she can tell exactly what I'm thinking.