Chapter 9 - After the Celebration, a Job Awaits

The next day was a clear day. The sky had a clear and dignified cerulean blue colour, with clouds tousled along with the soft breeze. Trees swayed, with their leaves vibrant of healthy green.

The group of three couples had set out on a stroll outside of Qing Jing Peak[1].

[1] Qing Jing Peak (清静峰) = Clear Calm Peak

Shen Qingqiu wanted to show them outside of their comfort zone, and the others gladly accepted his offer. He introduced the other peaks one by one. There was the Qiong Ding Peak[2], where the Sect Master, Yue Qingyuan remained. The Peak contained the Ling Xi Caves, which was a great place to enter seclusion thanks to being the most qi-condensed area.

[2] Qiong Ding Peak (穹顶峰) = Doomed Roof Peak

Hearing that, Lan Zhan showed a bit of interest. Before anyone could notice or call him out, he quickly hid that emotion behind a face of indifference.

Then there was the Wan Jian Peak[3], where Peak Lord Wei Qingwei resided. The Peak was a place cultivating of master swordsmen. It was also the place where all cultivators and disciples head to in order to craft or gain a sword of their own. Just at the mention of the Peak brought Xie Lian into disarray. He decided that if he had time, he would definitely visit the place.

[3] Wan Jian Peak (萬劍峰) = Ten Thousand Swords Peak

Continuing on, the least preferred peak of them all was An Ding Peak[4]. Of course, Shen Qingqiu's buddy and comrade-in-arms Shang Qinghua was the Peak Lord of the "unambitious" peak. The place was mainly responsible for repairing or fixing anything. Shen Qingqiu liked to think of them as the construction workers of the ancient times.

[4] An Ding Peak (安定峰) = Steady Peak

That peak was often discriminated by the Bai Zhan Peak[5], whom the Peak Lord of was Liu Qingge. Just at the mention of the name brought a scowl across Luo Binghe's face. He didn't want to associate with his "love rival". Either way, Bai Zhan Peak was Cang Qiong Mountain's greatest peak for war. Their brutality in fighting strength was outstanding.

[5] Bai Zhan Peak (百战峰) = Hundred Battles Peak

Next was Xian Shu Peak[6], the peak that males associated with the least. In fact, they weren't even allowed in! It was a peak full of female cultivators, and if any male is even sensed at the border, they'll be turned away with violence. Their Peak Lord was Qi Qingqi. Wei Wuxian was curious and wondered if it would be possible for him to sneak in. Of course, Shen Qingqiu immediately dismissed the possibility.

[6] Xian Shu Peak (仙姝峰) = Immortal Ladies Peak

The last peak he wanted to introduce was Qian Cao Peak[7]. It specialized in medicine and medical skills. In other words, the peak was the division of Cang Qiang Mountain in charge of producing medicine. Their Peak Lord was Mu Qingfang.

[7] Qian Cao Peak (千草峰) = Thousand Grass Peak

Finally introducing all the peaks he wanted, Shen Qingqiu fanned himself elegantly. "Later on today, there will be a celebration hosted at Qiong Ding Peak for your help against the Demons, Fierce Corpses, and Ghosts. All Peaks will be there to give you their thanks."

"Tonight?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Shen Qingqiu didn't deny it. "Yes, tonight. Sect Master Yue Qingyuan said that there will be a feast."

"Food!" Wei Wuxian laughed. "Finally, none of that boring green vegetables-" He paused at Lan Zhan's stern face and then cut himself off expressionlessly.