B E S T V E R S I O N

My hands were shaking, and my mouth started to get dry

     My hands were shaking, and my mouth started to get dry. I was beyond nervous and afraid, this was it, I was finally going to meet the man responsible for all of this. I sat in the back with Teagan who looked to be in her own battle with emotions, she kept her eyes on Donovan the entire time. Something told me that he screwed up big time, she never forgives and forgets easily.

When the car came to halt my heart dropped to my ass, the palm of my hands became very moist.

"Show time, people." Donovan says, the sound of a gun cocking called my attention. They both were putting guns behind their jeans, my eyes widened with confusion.

"I thought you weren't going to kill him." I blurted out.

Nathaniel looked at me through the rear-view mirror, my body immediately calmed down once I came across his caramel eyes.

"Your sperm donor doesn't really like us, we can't afford to go in weaponless." He pointed out.

How stupid can I be?

"Hopefully they both die." Teagan whispers harshly inside my ear, she's pretty pissed at him.

I didn't respond, I kept my mouth shut and decided to turned my head to look out the window at the party. I had a bad feeling about this, I feel like Nate is hiding something from me and I can't stand that feeling of not wanting to trust him.

But I wasn't stupid, I don't trust him not even a little

They both walked over to open our doors, I grabbed his dry hand and stepped out of the vehicle. The building was filled with people and bright lights, the smell of cigarettes and alcohol filled my nose. When we were walking in I almost tripped over my dress, Nate held me up sternly making sure I didn't embarrass myself by falling face first.

We walked over to a table in the corner of the busy room, while they were starting to order drinks my eyes scanned over the room looking for anyone who might look like me.

Every man I saw, I kept thinking if he was the man who abandoned me?

Will I always have that question, the question with wanting to know why a man would leave his child behind.

The party was in full swing, Nathaniel kept taking shots of tequila which scared me. I don't like when he drinks, it turns him into something that isn't him.

It was like he felt my nervousness and wanted to replace it with something else, his hand softly stroked my thigh under the table. I glanced up at him with a small smile peeking from my lips, his touch somehow managed to calm my whole body down.

"Mind having a dance with me, chula?" He leaned closer to whisper inside my ear, his breath tickled my ear gently.

"Isn't this all about getting revenge on my sperm donor?" I lifted my eyebrow at him slightly.