Chapter 5: Protagonist

"What are you doing to my dog!" yes that's not a question. 

"Uh... feeding her?" Ezekiel replied like I was an idiot for asking but that's not what I meant. 

"I mean why do you have her!? She's in my room when I slept!" 

"Why are you shouting?" he raised an eyebrow and something inside me turned again, It must be anger. 

"Because I was frantically looking for her around my room and thought maybe she jumped out of the balcony!"

"Well maybe she did." he shrugged as he pat my dog's head. "Right Snow?"

"Okay first of all, my dog is not a ninja dog like Kakashi and second, who gave you the right to name her Snow?" I raised an eyebrow but he ignored me. 

The son of the gardener ignored me! Wow!

"Ezekiel-"

"Can't you chill? You're too loud." he threw a glance at my direction before giving Snow another piece of whatever he's feeding her. "So what do you want to know first? You have too many questions and it's like I stole something when I'm just feeding a dog." his scowling face gave me chills for whatever reasons and I unconsciously gulped. 

"How come she's here?" that's my first concern.

He heaved a sigh shrugging his shoulders. "I saw Snow earlier when I arrived to bring my Papa's lunch. She's playing around the garden and so I fed her." 

"With that... cheap treat?" I said with disgust. 

I saw him roll his eyes before giving my dog another. "Snow is not a pomeranian nor a bichon frise so stop making a fuss about the food I'm giving her." he heaved a sigh once more like I'm such a nuisance for asking things. 

Ezekiel looked up to me while sitting on the grass before looking down to my feet. 

"Can you sit? My neck is hurting while talking to you." he cocked his head on the side and I honestly want to bang his brain with a hammer. 

One day we're communicating like normal people and now we're like mortal enemies. If ever we'll stay in a room, we might end up killing each other on day one. 

I scowled at him as I sat on the grass. He took a deep breath before lifting my dog and putting it on my lap. 

"There. Stay with your mother."

"Excuse me!?" I shrieked and he flashed a devil-like smirk before resting his chin on his knees, hugging both of them with his veiny arms. "I-I'm the mother now!?"

"Then who? You found that dog."

"For a second I thought it belongs to you because you named her." which reminds me "Why did you name her? I should be the one to name her!" I whined and he rolled his eyes again like his patience is wearing thin. 

"For the love of the god of dogs can't you make everything a big deal? I called her Snow because she's white. Be mad and surprised if I called her brownie or espresso."

"Well espresso sounds classy..."

"Oh my god!" he growled as he threw a piece of the dog snack he's holding at me. 

"Hey!"

"I don't know if you're humor is just weird or you're just an idiot." he spat, sarcasm was evident in his voice before he offered the snack again to my dog. "Then to settle this issue, what name do you want snow to have? Huh, mommy?"

"Stop calling me mommy! I'm not a mother and moreover, if I will be the mommy of this dog, who will be the daddy?"

"I could be the daddy."