twelve

shotaro's eyes trembled at the sight of the new member. the good atmosphere the morning had was instantly ruined for him. sungchan noticed this and rubbed the back of his hand, asking if the other was okay due to his odd behavior but he received a weak nod as a response.

"hansol! we have a new member," jaemin pointed to the young japanese, "his name is shotaro!"

"yeah, i noticed the new face," hansol looked towards the male that appeared shy rather than scared to the members, "hey there! by now, i think you've heard my name is hansol." his presence felt more threatening than the other members like renjun. it was as if his name rings off a bad omen, a very bad one.

shotaro gave a small bow and met his eyes, "nice to meet you." he immediately shifted his gaze back to his food and poked it a bit just to keep his mind off the new male.

"you should join us eat!" taeil stood to get another chair since the one hansol has been using is now occupied by the new member. "here next to me! kun cooked a lot and you should try them."

"so got a new kid, huh?" hansol joked as he sat down next to his fellow '94 liner, "you two really have a thing for kids, don't you?" he winked at the two who were also sitting next to each other and it made taeyong choke. jaehyun immediately handed his own glass of water out of reflex but no one really minds. 

"hansol, jisung is here too!" taeyong scolded once he was able to breathe which made the other chuckle at his parent instincts. 

"you do know i'm an adult, right? that's why we had a rooftop fight already," jisung whined because everyone addresses him as a baby. he understands he is the youngest but have they realized that the youngest doesn't have to be a literal kid?

"oh? the legendary rooftop fight you guys have been planning since what? three years ago?" hansol made small talk as he grabs some food while the rest also did after the shock of seeing him has left them. 

"yeah, it happened," jaehyun sighed, "when jisung borrowed my good pair of shades, i thought he was going to take some pictures but the next thing i know is taeyong calling me to pull them away from one another."

the underboss remembers it well— that the youngest came to their room that afternoon to borrow his sunglasses and even a necktie while wearing a suit. he thought he wanted to take a really cool photo and of course, being a supportive 'dad', he lent it. everyone knows that the rooftop fight was just a joke they kept repeating to one another. lo and behold, six bruised up dreamies— minus jaemin because he sat back and waited with a first aid kit. 

"who won?" hansol asked excitedly, taking a bite of a muffin. taeyong shook his head at the older male, "don't push it. they just might do it again and if they do, i'll include you in the scolding."