70

GREEN-EYED MONSTER

____________

"Lilith, our training will be in an hour," Khaleelah announced to me while I was watching the start of the first match of the day. "I already know who will be our opponent."

"Really? Who?"

"The Falmouth Falcons."

I whistled surprised. "They're known for playing rough, aren't they?"

Khaleelah smiled slightly. "Yes, I've got a bit of rivalry with their captain, he almost broke my leg last season. But the Ballycastle Bats are almost as hard as them and we're playing against the week after, so we better win the Falcons."

I did remember reading in the Prophet about Khaleelah's lesion, fortunately for the team, they could heal her on time.

"Guess I'll have to get rough as well," I smirked while giving a quick gaze at the team all formed by boys who were watching the other match in their training clothes.

"All of us will, but don't worry, I have the perfect technique developed. I only need Gwenog to approve it and that game will be ours," she murmured, winking at me and walking next to Aileen McDonald who waved at us, smiley.

My eyes went back to the game and the terraces and I almost melted when I saw him.

Fred had his eyes on the match, looking really concentrated like a kid watching their favourite cartoons in the telly. I had to train with the whole team before next week's match and while I convinced Liv and Pauline to stay in bed because the training wasn't as important as the proper match when Fred heard me from his kitchen he insisted on coming with me. Apparently, the shop on Wednesdays wasn't as busy as the rest of the week.

His ginger hair was moving a little bit because of the morning wind and he was playing with the rings in his fingers as his curious brown eyes moved following the players.

Fuck, I loved him so much.

"Hello, Lilith," a deep voice spoke behind me. Before I could turn around, Devyan Khan walked slowly, getting by my side.

"Morning, Devyan," I gave him a kind smile. "Watching the match?"

He nodded leaning his elbows on the rail that didn't allow the crowd to enter on the pitch. "We are playing against the Appleby Arrows next week. Need to observe and learn their techniques and way of playing."

"To find their weakness and know how to beat them?" I narrowed my eyes, amused.

"Of course."

"So Slytherin of you."

"You leave Slytherin but Slytherin never leaves you."

"Touché. Just waiting to know how you will study the Harpies."

"Oh, dear," he snickered with an ironic sweet tone. "We have them deeply analysed. The only one who sneaks off our study is you, because of your newness, of course. Give us a week."

"Good, now I know I have to tell Khaleelah to change the strategy once we're playing against you lot."

Devyan's smile widened. "Probably. I still have a little faith in you to make the match funnier than usual."

"Bet," I said taking off my pocket my pack of cigs and my lightener. I put a cigarette on my lips and offered the pack to the boy but he shook his head.

"I'm an athlete, mate. No alcohol or smoking."

I rolled my eyes, lightening mine and putting back the pack. "Oh, yes, I remember. The pretentious boy whose only addiction is the poshest brand of tea in Britain."