Adeptus Humour

Guess who's back from boarding school (*˘︶˘*).。*♡ but Its only for 10 days so I'll try to update as much as possible :')

Enjoy ♡

It was a fine day in Monstadt and Venti is sitting under a tree. He is humming a melody while gazzing to the beutiful field in front of him, 'ah how wonderful' Venti thought.

What have put him in such a good mood you ask? Well today in the tavern he was drinking with his best drinking buddy, Kaeya.

The bill was on Kaeya so Venti drank as much as possible making him feel a little tipsy, Venti start to talk nonsense and Kaeya compliment Venti for having a 'good humour' , Venti was kinda surprised since he always thought people find him quite annoying.

And from that point on he was in such a good mood, he thought 'yeah, my people will surely love my humour, I mean- who doesn't?'

One name come in mind 'Xiao.'

Venti has always observe how Xiao don't laugh when he make jokes, did he not get it? Or he just annoyed by it? Anyhow Venti felt a little sad every time Xiao doesn't laugh or even react to his jokes.

But he does recall Xiao saying that he like Hu Tao sense of humour. Who is this Hu Tao? And what makes her so special that even Xiao appreciate her jokes? This fact bother Venti so he decide to check her himself.

Some time passed and Venti arrived at Liyue, he don't really know the ways around here so he goes to meet the old blockhead, Zhongli.

"Yo, old dude" Venti say as he wave his hand at Zhongli.

"Oh lord, what are you doing here-" Zhongli whole day plan to go shopping around is ruined by just the sight of Venti.

"I'm looking for someone name Hu Tao?" Venti hesitate at how to pronounce Hu Tao.

"Oh you mean my walle- my boss?" Zhongli pointed Hu Tao who is sitting across the room.

"Ah, ok thank you" Venti say as he walk toward Hu Tao.

"I'll take my leave then" Zhongli walk out of the room.

Hi Tao noticed Venti and say "eh? New customer?"

"Nope. The name Venti and I'm just here to ask some questions" Venti don't really like the vibes Hu Tao gave off.

"Aiya, everyone will become my customer sooner or later..."

Venti was aware of the business she's in and found the thing she just said is quite ironic "haha... I don't think that time will come"

After hearing that Hu Tao loss interest in talking to Venti "so what do you want to ask? Those bodies are not going to bury themselves"

Venti eyes shine as he grab the opportunity to get straight to the point, "soo... What's your humour like?"

Hu Tao look at him with a confused face, "eh? Humour?....I don't really make jokes" she said confidently.

The situation just got even more akward, "eh?" Venti ask demanding explanations.

"Everything I said is true, people just tend to forget it" Hu Tao answered.

Venti is low-key concern about Hu Tao, but times can't wait no more since he kinda got what her humour is like.

"Nevermind, I'll take my leave" Venti say before leaving the room and closing the door.

'it makes sense' is the first thing Venti thought about after leaving the room. A Yaksha who is most familiar with death loving dark jokes? Sound normal to me.

Without further ado he goes near the forest in Liyue to find Xiao. He sends out a few wind to bring back Xiao to him.

Xiao was fighting a group of hillichurs just like everyday before he was lift up gently by some winds. He know the only one who can do that is Venti, Xiao let out a huge sigh trying to figure out what do Venti want from him.

A few minutes after that Venti could see Xiao figure floating in the sky and being carried to him.

"Helloo" Venti greet Xiao.

"What do you want?" Xiao asked.

Venti thought to himself 'you can do this, he like to jokes about death...you can do this'

"I want to die." Venti say staring right into Xiao eyes.

"What the-" Xiao is surprised at Venti answer.

"Every one is gonna die someday, I want to speed up the process" Venti continue.

Xiao is starting to worry, "hey Venti..."
Somehow Venti joking about death left an ache in Xiao heart.

Venti was confuse why Xiao is not laughing yet so he continue, "do mortals even know how death could be freedom to the immortals"

Hearing this really pulled Xiao heart string, "Hey-" his mind has not make up anything but his body unconsciously rush to Venti and hug him tight.

This action really surprised Venti...

"Hey are you ok... You're not faking your death like Rex Lapis has right..." Xiao mumble.

Venti realize that his jokes is not funny, it actually make Xiao worry.

"it's ok... I'm just joking" Venti comfort Xiao.

"WHAT" Xiao release himself from the hug and push Venti to the ground.

Venti was kinda embarrassed that his joke is able to mislead people in such way, he pulled his hat lower to cover his face and hide "I...thought you like dark jokes" Venti mumbled.

Everything make sense to Xiao now, the way Venti go to such extent for him to laugh is so silly he can't help but let out a few chuckle.

This sight mesmerized Venti, Xiao beautiful laugh under the moonlight makes his cheeks burn.

'so beautiful' Venti thought.

"Are you blushing?" Xiao noticed Venti cheeks going red.

"N-nope! Not at all" Venti quickly cover his face.

Xiao sigh and sit on the ground, he look into a distance and say "but I like it when you just be yourself"

Venti eyes shine, this chance to tease Xiao cannot be passed "what do you mean~"

Xiao look at Venti and panicked "nonotlikethat"

Venti laugh.

'good, he like my jokes' Venti thought. Today is a nice day.