SAMPLE / CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2

THE TWO ETHEREAL ROYALTIES GRACEFULLY AROSE, READY TO DETERMINE MY INESCAPABLE FATE BY USING THEIR ORNATE, DELECTABLE HANDS.

The Asian beaut who I figured was princess Vanessa pulled me in her arms as she chuckled modestly. "You're absolutely stunning and I'm in love with your dress!" She fussed, giving me a warm embrace which I returned. She smelled of spring Magnolia and the fabric of her dress was as smooth as silken milk.

The heiress, Riallyn held out her gloved hand for me to shake which I took gladly, pleasantly surprised with how amiable they are. "Please sit."

I looked behind to thank Sir Carlos but he had taken off, perhaps to nag on another student.

I took my seat, relishing the softness of the cushion while my feet sighed a bunch of thanks for the long awaited break. "Thank you, your highness."

"Oh please, don't be absurd. Enough with the formalities. You don't need to be so polite to us. Just think we're your average classmates. Also, my friends call me Nessa." Princess Vanessa smiled with her radiating pearly teeth.

"I'm called Ria. On the other hand, what is your backstory, Clary? We don't usually get a new student at this time of year, " the heiress explained, munching on her Caesar salad and juicy blueberries.

I took the same fork she was using and dug into the tasteful greek salad in front of me. "I'm the daughter of Richard Valdez, a renowned con artist who helps out the FBI with fraudulent crimes. And apparently, he gave consent for me to be taken here. His royal highness who is still a mystery to me requested my admission to this academy which I was hoping to find out from you guys. Forgive me for speaking casually."

"You are to speak like this from now on and not ask for forgiveness," Nessa commanded playfully. "What a cool dad. I would love to meet him someday!"

"Indeed, what a character. I assume you've been taught the ways deception works as well. That is completely badass and just what we need for the upcoming competition. We have no idea though which prince asked for you." Rita looked pleased to have me on their team.

"What competition?"

"It's the battle Royale. Every year we're given ten rigorous challenges to test us if we are ready to face the public and all that it can give. Whoever wins the battle Royale gets to roam freely in the public eye and inside the Academy," Nessa excitedly informed.

"The reason we are so eager to win this competition is because we are not allowed to step out of the academy for our safety in the next 5 years of our stay here. It's bullshit."

"Language Ria!" Nessa chided.

"Sorry, it's just if I had known it would be like this I wouldn't have come here. A year without contacting my family is torturous." Ria scrunched madly on the crisp lettuce, her stormy eyes vividly angry.

"This is unbelievable, " I said, disbelieving that we are stuck in this wonderland like imprisoned cattle. "Why did they make such a rule?"

"We have no idea and when we tried prying the advisors, they simply shook their heads and dismissed us." Nessa frowned as she popped a pomegranate in her mouth.

Sir Carlos would know the answer, I'm sure. I better find out where he stays because I have a feeling I'd be asking for his candid advice every time I'm in trouble.

"Is there anything else I should be wary about?"

"If it's someone you should be wary about, it's princess Anastasia. Her powerful family rules the North of America and she is an only child. Furthermore, the spoiled princess made ridiculous rumours of me and Nessa having a polyamorous relationship with the princes."