Chapter 2

That night, I didn't sleep very much. I got my clothes for school ready and my bag.
I made sure I had my headset and MP3 player, in case of an emergency.
I put on my long sweater and jeans, no high heels, because I really don't know how people walk in those...

After breakfast, Bella drove us to school.
It was the middle of a semester and people were staring at us.
"Nice ride" said a guy.
"Thanks" answered Bella and we just walked inside.

~

"You two must be Isabella Swan and Emma Marshall. The new girls" said an Asian guy. "Hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?"
"I'm really kind of the more suffer-in-silence type" said Bella.

"Good headline for your feature. I'm on the paper and you two news, babes, front page" he said.
"No, we're not" said Bella.
I was grateful she did the talking, I already felt on edge just walking in a school full of people I didn't know...

"Please, don't have any sort of..." she said.
"Chillax. No feature" said Eric.
"Okay, thanks" said Bella.
"Cool?" he said.

~

After we finally got our locker, Bella and I had gym together.
But I got a note, saying I don't have to participate in activities that require sweating or wearing short sleeves... the doctors said that I had to take it easy, get used to people again before I participate in activities.

So, I watched from the bench. I watched how awful Bella was in volleyball.
I saw her talking to a guy and girl and I saw her pointing at me.
The boy and girl waved to me and I waved back awkwardly.

Apparently, their names were Jessica and Mike. And I could tell Jessica had a huge crush on Mike the moment I saw her...
At lunch, we followed them to the cafeteria. I wasn't a big eater, so I hardly had anything on my plate.

"Hey, Mikey. You met my home girls, Bella and Emma?" said Eric.
"Your home girls?" said Mike.
"My girl" said the guy from this morning, Tyler, and kissed Bella's cheek. And he pulled back Mike's chair, and they began the chasing game.

"Oh, my God" laughed Jessica. "It's like first grade all over again. You two are the shiny new toy"
"Smile" said a new girl and took a picture of us.
"Okay" said Bella awkwardly.

"Sorry, I needed a candid for the feature" said the girl.
"The feature's dead, Angela" said Eric, rudely. "Don't bring it up again"
"It's okay, I just..." began Bella.
"I got your back, baby" said Eric and left to get some more food.

"Guess we'll just run another editorial on teen drinking" said Angela.
"You know, you can always go for eating disorders" I said and they all stared at me.
"You're British!" shouted Jessica.
"No, I'm not. My mom was" I said and looked back down at my plate.

"That or speedo padding on the swim team" said Bella, trying to change the subject.
"Actually, that's a good one" said Angela.
"Kirk. Right? That's exactly what I thought" said Jessica.

I began to feel the cold again... only this time it was getting closer...
The voices of the people began to tune down...
"Who are they?" I heard Bella ask, getting me out of my head. I followed her gaze, there were 5 beautiful people getting inside the cafeteria.

'Wait... the feeling... it's coming from them...' I noticed the feeling got worse, the closer they got...
"The Cullens" said Angela.
"They're Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago" said Jessica.

"They kind of keep to themselves" said Angela.
"Yeah, 'cause some of them are together. Like, together, together. The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett, they're, like, a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal" said Jessica.