Chapter 3

-Jasper POV-

She was quiet, looking down at her feet.
I didn't mind not talking. It was hard to control my bloodlust.
History was the one subject I had alone, so it was the hardest to control.

'Why did Alice persist that I showed her the way?'
I glanced behind me and saw her covering her hands with her long sweater. She was nervous.
'Well it is her first day, but she feels so scared'

"It's here" I said and she nodded.
"Thank you" she said quietly and walked to the teacher.
"Emma Marshall?" asked the teacher and she nodded. "Welcome to Forks. I'm Mr. Diaz, history teacher. How's your first day going?"

"It's fine, sir. Everybody is really nice" she said.
"Hey, isn't that the new girl?" I head a student whisper.
"Yeah, I heard she had an episode or something. Crazy if you ask me" said another student.
'Idiots, you didn't have to be an empath to see she was terrified'

"Well, I see here you excel in history. Do you like it?" asked Mr. Diaz.
"Yes sir, my mom loved talking about history. It was her favourite subject" she said and smiled.
She was trying to look normal, but I could feel that she was scared and nervous.

To be honest, it was overwhelming for me. I didn't understand how she could stay standing like that.
"Well, you can sit next to Mr. Hale. Just like you he excels in history" said Mr. Diaz and she nodded.

She walked over to my desk and sat down next to me.
"She looks weird" I heard a girl say and Emma looked up. She began to feel sad...
She grabbed her book and set it on the table.
It was getting hot inside the classroom, but she kept her sleeves on her hands.
"Okay, let's talk World War 2" said the teacher.

Emma was paying attention to the teacher. She wrote good notes and every time he asked a question, she wrote down the correct answer. But she never raised her hand.
But then... I suddenly smelled blood. I grabbed the side of the table and tried to calm down.

"Eh, Mr. Diaz? Lizzie has a nosebleed" said a student.
I covered my mouth and nose.
"Are you okay?" it was Emma. I looked at her and my focus went to her.

The blood didn't smell so strongly anymore... Emma her breathing and her heartbeat were soothing, and her blood didn't smell so strongly.
"I'm fine, just not a big fan of blood" I said and she nodded.
'Who is this girl?'

When the bell rang, Emma took her bag and left the classroom without talking to anyone.
Her feelings were overwhelming, but she looked fine...
"Jasper!" I heard Alice shout. She ran to my locker.

'She must've seen something...'
"Are you okay? I saw that a girl in your class got a nosebleed..." she said, she didn't need to say more. She had seen me lose control.

"Yes, I'm fine, Alice" I said and looked around for a sign of Emma. "Emma, she talked to me, noticed I wasn't well. And it calmed me down"
"Really? It's hard for me to see her future. But I'm happy you managed to control it" she said and smiled. "Emma seems nice. I like her"

-Emma POV-

I found Bella, I had been on edge the whole time. The whole day I could feel that cold feeling. It really didn't feel alright.
"So, how are you?" she asked and I sighed.
"Weirdly, okay. Everybody already thinks I'm the towns new crazy person" I said. "But I just hope that they all leave me alone"

We went to the secretary, before going home.
We saw Edward Cullen trying to switch classes.
"Every class is full" said the secretary to Edward. "Just a minute, dear"

'Why do the Cullens all feel like death?' I thought and Edwards eyes snapped at me.
"I'm afraid you'll have to stay in biology" said the secretary.
"Fine. Just... I'll just have to endure it" said Edward and walked past us.
I grabbed Bella's sleeve, he scared me...