61

"boughten" IS A WORD. HELLO??? I can't fw you guys 😭

I went back to my room and called my uncle

todoroki: what's up?
eli: your son is sick, he cant come into work today
todoroki: MY BABY BOY IS SICK?! I'LL BE OVER RIGHT AWAY!
eli: what- no! it's fine! i'll take care of him
todoroki: you're willing to miss work for him?
eli: yeah, it's fine
todoroki: BESTEST BESTIE! make sure he doesn't use his quirk, it'll tire him out even more
eli: yeah I know
todoroki: alright baby, I have to go, take good care of him for me
eli: gotchu fam, don't even worry about it

I hung up the phone and heard a loud crashing sound. I ran over to his room and saw him walking around the room

eli: what are you doing?!
kairi: I need... to go.. to work..
eli: are you serious right now
kairi: lana.. she needs me.. f-for the presentation..
eli: you can't even form a sentence
kairi: fish!
eli: mf- what?
kairi: fish is.. going down
eli: what are you-

he tried reaching for the door handle but fell

eli: get your ass back in bed!

I helped him up and laid him back down, I changed his towel and he fell back asleep. I made him some chicken noodle soup and pretty much had to force him to eat it, forced him to drink gatorade, and forced him back in bed every time he had a hallucination of some kind. by the end of the day I was the one who felt exhausted from running around all day.

eli: goodnight

I softly said and got up from the chair to leave, but kairi grabbed my arm and pulled me into bed with him.

eli: what are you doi-
kairi: don't leave..

he was hugging me from behind. his arms wrapped around my stomach, holding me up against him.

kairi: stay, I need you..
eli: ..
kairi: I just wish... you needed me too..
eli: ..kai-
kairi: butttt im also glad you don't.. i'm happy you don't need anyone.. one of the many features that I love about you.. you're so strong.. I just want you to feel like you can rely on me sometimes too..

I do need you.. I just wish things weren't so complicated right now..

kairi: you don't have to worry about me though.. i'll wait for you

he put his forehead up against the back of my neck

kairi: i've waited this long.. I can wait a little longer..

he was burning up, in a healthier state, he would be able to say all of this. has he been holding it all in? has he really.. been waiting after all this time..

eli: ..just a little longer.. don't you give up on me..

I whispered to myself. I waited till he fell asleep and got out of bed, I changed his towel and left a Tylenol tablet with water on his nightstand and left to bed. I couldn't get much sleep that night, I kept thinking back on that conversation. before I knew it, it was 2 am and I was still up. I got up to take a melatonin and after a while I finally ended up going to sleep. my alarm wake me up, abruptly, and I felt like death. the melatonin sure did help me go to bed, but it's not helping me get out of bed.

kairi: wake up, girlyyy!

he said in a high pitched voice

eli: ugh... I miss kayla