Chapter 7

"I like this one" said Jessica, holding up a pink dress.
On Friday evening we went to Port Angeles for dress shopping.
I texted Alice about it, and she made me promise not to buy a dress, since she was taking care of that.

"Okay, I like this one, it makes my boobs look good" said Jessica.
'This is the worst, I hate shopping'
Some guys passed by the window and were looking at us.
'So disgusting...'

"Bella, Emma. What do you think?" asked Jessica.
"That looks great" said Bella.
"You said that about, like, the last five dresses, though" said Jessica.
"That's because they were all pretty good" I said.

"You're not really into this, are you?" asked Angela.
"I actually really just want to go to this bookstore" said Bella.
"And I found this really cool art store for new art supplies" I said.

"We'll meet you guys at the restaurant?" asked Bella.
"Are you sure?" asked Angela.
"Yeah, yeah. We'll see you in a minute" said Bella and we left the shop.

~

"Here's my stop. I don't know how long it will take though" I said.
"How about we meet each other at the restaurant?" she asked and I nodded. "See you soon"
I looked at the art supplies. I was thinking about painting again, that had been a while.
I looked at all the colours and brushes. I stopped for a second when I felt that cold feeling again...

'No, it's just in your head, Emma. Don't pay attention to it'
I bought the things I needed to paint again and left the store.
It was getting dark... I began walking towards the restaurant.

But I had the feeling I was being followed.
'Please just leave me alone...'
"Hey baby" said a strange guy. He grabbed my wrist and made me look at him.
"Let me go" I said.

"Now, why would I do that, honey?" he said.
"I believe she told you to let her go" said a familiar voice.
"Jasper" I said, I was so happy to see him.

Jasper grabbed the man's arm and got it off my wrist.
"Hey, calm down man! Just having some fun" said the guy and took a step backwards.
"Get out of my sight" threatened Jasper and the man ran away.
Jasper turned around and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.
"Yes. Thank you" I said and rubbed my wrist, he had grabbed me pretty tightly.
"You're hurt" he said, he was getting angry.
"It's fine, really. It's nothing" I said. "I'm just happy you're here"
He calmed down a bit.

"Are you here alone?" he asked.
"No, I'm meeting Bella and 2 of her friends at the restaurant" I said and he nodded.
"Are you here alone?" I asked and he nodded.

"I was thinking about buying some new music" he said and showed the bag of cd's.
"Really, western music? You're confirming the stereotype, cowboy" I said and he laughed.
"I'll walk you to the restaurant" he said and held my hand.

"I'm actually not that hungry" I said.
"Do you want me to take you home?" he asked and I nodded. "You should call Bella to let her know"
I told Bella I bumped into Jasper, she had met up with Edward. When I told Jasper he was surprised.

~

We walked to his car and he began to drive.
"I really should talk to the doctors to convince them that I should get my licence" I sighed and he turned up the heat in the car.
"They won't let you?" he asked.

"Nope, until the frequency of my episodes towns down, I am prohibited from driving any vehicle" I complained. "It's really inconvenient"
"I can imagine that" he smiled. "If you ever need a ride, I don't mind giving you one"
"I'll keep that in mind" I laughed. "But, I've been sleeping better lately. I've been feeling better than I've felt in the past year. So maybe, soon, I can get my license"