Part 28

After an hour Mahira got up and went beside Asad and called his name "Asadji". Asad was sitting on the chair his legs were stretch and arms folded on his chest and his eyes close. He was not sleeping. 

He had closed his eyes to relax from thinking about a lot of matters for time being. Hearing his name from Mahira's month made him feel at peace. His name from her mouth was like some sweet medley for him.

He slowly opens his eyes after Mahira calling his name a second time. He adjusts to the light and looks at her with all the love he had within. Their eyes meet each other and all the emotions and memories started coming in front of them. 

Mahira stood there and he was sitting. Their love needed no words their eyes would speak volumes.

Asad stood up and did not utter a word and slowly started walking towards the bed. But his gaze was fixed on Mahira.

Mahira sat down on the chair and intertwine her fingers with her princess. Asad was watching every moment of her. Mahira turns her head to the right to see Asad and when she saw him staring at her with the love she said,

Mahira: Asadji you go to sleep as you must have been tired.

Asad nobs his head with a smile and leans his head on the window panel. Almost an hour pass Mahira was praying continuously and blowing dua's on Zarin for her safety. 

She did not wake up Asad as she knew, how much tired he must have been, as he has arrived today only and now was in the hospital with her as her support system.

Suddenly Mahira felt her hand was getting the squeeze. She quickly stood up from her chair and went very close to Zarin. It was Zarin who was squeezing her hand. Her grip was getting tight with every passing time.

Mahira could easily see her heartbeat increasing in the machine she quickly waked up Asad by taking his name loudly and press the bell to call the doctor and nurse.

Asad woke up on hearing Mahira's panic voice and quickly stood by her side. They both saw that her heart rates are getting faster and the blood pressure gradually going down. Asad quickly ran towards the door to call Yusuf in private room no 2 where he was staying tonight.

Saad and Zaid had just entered the hospital it was 2.00 am. Yusuf along with nurse, Dr. Zoya, Dr. Shama entered the room. tears were flowing from Mahira's eyes.

Yusuf told Mahira to move and she moved behind, though she never wanted to leave her princess's hand, but she had to. Yusuf told everyone to go out but Mahira stood there. Yusuf looks towards Asad and the look was very clear. Asad came towards Mahira and told her to come out with them, but Mahira refused.

Yusuf: Asad take Mahira out and wait.

Mahira yelled for the first time in her life that too in front of everyone to Yusuf

Mahira: I AM NOT GOING I WILL STAY HERE WITH MY PRINCESS.

She went and stood on the opposite side of the bed. Asad, Zaid, and Saad too stood there beside Mahira.

Yusuf saw Zarin's heartbeat was sinking as she got a cardinal arrest. So he quickly told the nurse to bring the AED machine

(Automated External Defibrillator (AED),)

 (AEDs are used to revive someone from sudden cardiac arrest. This usually occurs when a disruption in the heart's electrical activity causes a dangerously fast heartbeat (ventricular tachycardia) or a fast and irregular heartbeat (ventricular fibrillation). it restores a normal heartbeat by sending an electric pulse or shock to the heart....)

The nurse quickly brought the machine which was kept in the ICU room itself. Dr. Yusuf and Dr. Shama had done all the preparations earlier only, in this whole day.

As Dr. Yusuf had already warned them for her critical condition. He started with the AED. Mahira was continuously praying along with Asad, Zaid, and Saad all the dua's they knew. 

Suddenly things were getting out of control Yusuf, Shama, and Zoya gave a worried looked to Mahira and Khan Brothers, and then what happened next shook all of them. The machine indicated a straight line. 

Zarin's heartbeat stop.  Mahira saw Yusuf and asked

Mahira: kya huva bhaijan (what happen, brother)

Through she knew the meaning of it but was not ready to accept it.

Yusuf could not speak a single word. A single tear roll downs his eye and he nods his head in negative. Mahira was not ready to accept this. 

She came very close to Zarin and took her hand in hers and with the other hand creased her cheeks as Dr. Shama had already pulled the oxygen mask down near her neck.

Mahira started calling her with tears flowing continuously from her eyes. It was getting hard fr her to speak but still, she spoke.

Mahira: princess utho... muje pata hai.... tum neend mai ho.... aur roz ki tara... uthne mai... der karogi... Lekin aaj nahi... aaj please... uth jao. Dekho... tumari aapi... ke samne. (princess wake up I know you are sleeping like every day and will wake up late. But not today, please wake up)

Asad came behind Mahira and kept his hand on her shoulder and Yusuf said at the same time.

Yusuf: Mahira woh nahi uthegi (Mahira she won't wake up)

Mahira lost her temper today. Mahira was the epitome of love, care, respect but today she was a wild lioness. It was like a mother was ready to fight with everyone in this world for her daughter. 

She gave Dr. Yusuf a deadly glare and yelled at him with jerking her shoulder so that Asad's hand moves down with a jerk.

Mahira: BHAIJAN AAP AGAR KUCH NAHI KAR SAKTE TO MAI KARUNGI.. MAI MERI PRINCESS KO KAHI JANE NAHI DUNGI.. MERA ALLAH.. ITNA BEREHAM NAHI KI MUJSE MERI ZINDAGI KI HAR KHUSHI CHIN LE.. ALLAH KO MUJE MERI PRINCESS WAPIS DENI HOGI. (Bro if you cannot do anything then I will do it. My Allah is not that stone heart that he snatches away all the happiness of my life. Allah has to return me, my princess)

Her determination, her stubbornness, her fight for her princess everything was clear in her voice and her eyes. She wipes the tears off her eyes with her sleeves and kept her right hand on Zarin's heart and left above her right and started pumping it.

Yusuf: Mahira yeh kya kar rahi ho? (What are you doing?)

She just ignored him. Yusuf looks towards Asad and he just blinks his eyes saying let her try.

Zaid quickly came on the opposite of the bed facing Mahira and said,

Zaid: Mahira mai karta hu. (Mahira I am doing)

Nobody dares to stops neither Mahira nor Zaid. They started pumping her heart in turns. Saad, Zoya, Asad, and even Dr. Yusuf were praying with their hands raise that they should succeed in this effort.

Because everyone in this room knew how much Zaid and Mahira love Zarin her princess and his queen.