[4] - 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦

THE FLIGHT TO WAKANDA gave Y/N and Banner time to catch up. The two sat beside each other as the scientist gave the story on his time on the planet Sakaar and how he reunited with Thor there. It all ended with how Thanos intercepted their ship and attacked them.

"I'm very sorry, Bruce." Y/N apologized, the fact of hearing how he witnessed half of the Asgardians die made him shiver.

"He just killed them. I tried to stop him, but he was too powerful. He handled the Hulk like a rag doll...", Banner dropped his head, "...now Thor's probably dead."

Y/N didn't want to believe that Thor was really gone, there was no way the God of Thunder can die, right?

"Even if he is, they sent you back to Earth for a reason. Without you, we wouldn't have been prepared for this." Y/N explained.

Bruce nodded, still facing the floor. He then turned to face the Avenger, "And you? The last three years treated you well?"

Y/N chuckled before replying, "First year after Sokovia went well. The New Avengers were formed with the addition of Wanda, Sam, Rhodes, and Vision. I got my powers—"

"I heard about that. How'd that happen?" Bruce interrupted.

"An explosion at a HYDRA base. They were trying to acquire an Infinity Stone and we stopped them. I got hit with its radiation, kind of like you."

Bruce laughed, "Yeah, I don't think that's the same." He then glanced over at Wanda speaking with Natasha by the front of the jet, "I've also noticed you and Maximoff..."

Y/N nodded and gave a light chuckle, "Uh-huh, and what do you infer, Doctor?"

"I would have never thought the two of you would be an item. Especially after what happened in South Africa."

Y/N knew what Bruce was referring to. The time when Wanda mind-controlled the Hulk into causing collateral damage in the city still didn't sit well with Banner. But the young Avenger wanted him to know that she had changed.

"I know that time left a sour taste in your mouth, but Wanda has changed. She's a hero. She's an Avenger."

Bruce listened as Y/N continued to speak, "She changed my life. I wouldn't have understood my new abilities without her. Even these last couple years on the run...it wouldn't have been the same if she wasn't with me."

Bruce understood now. The way Y/N felt about Wanda reminded him of how he felt about Natasha, even of how the Hulk felt about her. She was the song that calmed the rage inside him.

"You're lucky to have her, Y/N."

• • •

THE QUINJET DESCENDED ONTO the landing pad and the airstair opened. There stood King T'Challa and the Dora Milaje in formation beside him.

Steve and Natasha walked out first with Bruce and Rhodey following close behind. The doctor was fumbling with his coat.

"Should we bow?" He asked.

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhodey replied.

Nearby, Y/N smirked at the exchange. He looked over at Wanda beside him, who also understood that the colonel was playing a prank on him.

The Captain and Black Widow walked up to T'Challa and greeted him.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve said, and the two shook hands.