[14] - 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

TIME HAD PASSED since Earth won the battle versus Thanos and the Black Order, an event where heroes from all over came together to battle one single threat. Together they saved the universe.

Tony Stark and Y/N L/N were remembered for their sacrifice in the battle along with Natasha Romanoff in her quest to acquire the Soul Stone.

Without Nat's sacrifice, the blip wouldn't have been possible.

Without Y/N's intervention, Thanos would have exterminated all of life.

Without Tony's snap, the Black Order would have defeated the heroes and won the battle.

It was late in the month, and the private joint funeral for Tony and Y/N that Pepper set up had just wrapped. It was attended by what remained of the Avengers, the Wakandans, the Guardians, and people who's lives they impacted.

Pepper wanted to remember Y/N along with her husband. The young man grew a closer bond with the family in the last five years and he meant a lot to her and Morgan, especially the five year old. She lost her father and uncle figure, and it upset her, but she knew they're still watching over her.

Wanda stood by the lake looking across it. She wore all black attire for the occasion, and was joined by Clint moments later.

"You know...I wish there was a way that I could let her know...let them both know." He said as he looked in the distance, mentioning Natasha and Y/N, "That we won. We did it."

Wanda thought of Y/N and Vision, two people she loved and cared for. They were the closest thing she had to a family.

"They know." She replied, "I know they do."

Clint brought her close for a side hug, and caressed her shoulder as they peered on towards the lake. He stood there with her for some time until he bid farewell and went back to his family.

Wanda stayed where she was and sulked in her thoughts. She snapped out of it upon hearing footsteps walk up beside her.

"Hey." Sam greeted as he put his hands into the pockets of his slacks.

"Sam." Wanda addressed back. There was some silence before she decided to speak again, "It seemed like we closed our eyes for a few moments..."

Sam turned to her and listened in.

"..and woke up to something completely different." She continued, "The people who stayed had to go through so much loss."

Sam understood what she meant. They vanished for what seemed to be minutes only to reappear again. Everybody else had to go through five years with the feeling of loss and guilt. People like Y/N.

For these last couple weeks since the battle, Sam really missed him. He remembered their times as Avengers, from their banter to even the more serious moments. It also hurt Sam to see Wanda now without him or Vision.

"Y/N was a warrior, he was the best of us. He passed knowing we'd win." Sam said, "He's a hero...and the whole world sees that."

A tear rolled down her cheek, and Sam took it as the time to pull her in for a hug. The two embraced as Wanda rested her head on his shoulder.

"I'm ruining your suit..." Wanda jested amidst her tears.

Sam let out a light chuckle, "I'm just going to toss this back in the closet after, it's fine."

Wanda pulled back and wiped the tears from her face, "I have to go..."

"Where you off to?"