01

CHAPTER ONE ;
UNBEARABLE FEAR

"You're telling me someone's keeping a special-grade cursed object in a place like this?," My classmate and now partner in curse killing activities said, he looked incredibly unimpressed with a deadpan face, though I couldn't say that was a change...

"You're telling me someone's keeping a special-grade cursed object in a place like this?," My classmate and now partner in curse killing activities said, he looked incredibly unimpressed with a deadpan face, though I couldn't say that was a change from his regular persona.

In his hand, he held his phone.

"Recovering should be no problem then!" laughed the person on the other end of the line. I rolled my eyes and opened the box with a slightly clammy hand.

'You never know... maybe the finger came to life... OR WORSE! A CURSE HAS EATEN IT AND—'

"There's nothing here," Fushiguro mumbled under his breath, successfully cutting off his thoughts.

"Huh?"

"The box is empty."

"For real? No going home until you guys retrieve it!"

"I'm gonna punch you."

﹌﹌﹌

My dark-haired friend and I were observing the rugby field when a curse was climbing up a pole. Whilst Fushiguro was strolling like it was a pleasant park, I was shaking like a leaf and was eyeing it cautiously.

"What's with this rugby field? Is there a dead body buried here or something?"

"A DEAD BODY?!," I shrieked. I could feel the all-too familiar sensation of burning tears at the corner of my eyes.

The sharp-toothed creature made an unusual noise and looked off over the school.

"I wonder if it's about the special-class object or something..." Fushiguro said to himself.

I looked over at him when he retrieved his phone from his pocket. I leaned over the screen obnoxiously. A small scowl appeared as a small tear plopped onto the screen.

"Maybe we should close the whole school and once the curse is gone, we can check every nook and cranny," I was about to feebly answer, until a shout interrupted me.

"Hurry up! The track coach is taking on Itadori at shot put!"

We followed the two students to the commotion on the field. A teacher, who I presumed to be the track coach, had thrown the ball 14 metres and was looking rather cocky about it.

Behind him was a tall teen with a pink undercut. He looked pretty unsure but picked up the ball regardless. He threw it, or more like launched it, into the distance whilst the teacher stared off in disbelief and a dropped jaw.

"I win," the pink-undercut boy said sheepishly.

He dusted his hands off together and said, "Alright, teach, I gotta go!"