|05|

My eyes snap open. I need to stop waking up like this. The memory of the all too familiar dream comes flooding back. My heart pounds through my chest. I look around the room, paranoid that I'll find him staring at me, but there's no one here.

Why do I keep seeing this dream? It feels so real. I hear footsteps approach my room. I look up. Thankfully, it's just Talia. I let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Are you okay? I heard screams coming from your room?!" she gasps.

"It was just a dream," I breathe, more to myself than her.

"You look terrified."

"It's just that this is the second time I've had this dream. However, I remembered a bit more this time."

"Well, what more did you see?" she asks, twirling her hair between her finger.

"You know the first part. I'm in a dark room and the blonde version of myself stands in front of me. She looks terrified. These golden eyes were on me, but this time I heard a voice."

"And what did you hear?"

"He's coming for us both."

"That's something straight out of a horror film."

"I know!"

"Have you met this girl before?" She questions.

"I don't think I have met someone who looks just like me."

"Cause you know they say, the people you dream are usually people you've seen or glanced at before."

"My brain probably just made her up, or something."

"Well, do you want some breakfast?" I quickly ask, trying to change the subject of this stupid recurring dream. I can't talk about this anymore. What I need is to forget all about this dream that fills my head.

"Yea, I'll just meet you in the kitchen," she replies, thankfully not pushing me for more answers. She takes a deep breath, almost as if she's about to say something, but instead walks out of the room. I walk over to the bathroom sink and wash my face.

"I'm fine. It's just a dream," I remind myself. Maybe if I say it enough, I'll believe it. I force my legs to move and head to the kitchen.

"That smells amazing!" I shout.

"I made some pancakes," she smiles, handing me a plate topped with fruit.

"I love you, Natalia!" I tell her, through a mouthful of pancake and fruits. At least someone's in a better mood.

"Come sit down," Talia says, pointing at the chair across from her.

"Well, you know I love to eat!"

She smiles at me. "So, are you feeling any better now?" she asks, taking a bite of the pancake.

"Yea, I'm fine," I mutter.

"Don't worry Freya, we'll figure this out," she says, looking at me closely, almost as if she stares long enough she'll be able to see if really I'm okay.

"There's nothing to figure..." I begin, as I stare at a glowing blue light appear behind Talia. I rub my eyes. My eyes must be playing tricks on me! I stand up, knocking over the chair in the process.

"What are you staring at?" Talia says, but I'm unable to hear her. Unable to speak. She turns around to see what I'm staring at. The blue light suddenly turns into a person. A person! My breathing changes, my stomach twists. I want to scream, but nothing comes out of my mouth.

A woman in her late thirties stands right where the blue light once was just seconds before. Her brown curls stop just below her shoulders. Her brown eyes hide behind round glasses. How is that even possible?! I pinch myself to see if I'm awake. "Ouch. Yea, I'm awake." I mutter to myself.