xlviii. in another life

A FEW MINUTES LATER, PARIS REALIZED THAT SHE COULD MOVE

A FEW MINUTES LATER, PARIS REALIZED THAT SHE COULD MOVE. she could feel something cold underneath her body, and she realised she was definitely sprawled across some sort of smooth, cold surface. she felt like there was some sort of cloudy vapour-like mist hovering around her.

she took a deep breath, and decided she would try to open her eyes. and when she did so, she discovered she was in some sort of train station. it was king's cross. but cleaner.

was this heaven? or hell? she had no idea. siting up, she heard a groan, and some stirring beside her, and she turned to see harry, also looking around at their surroundings. 'she had to be in heaven, then' she thought. if harry was there with her, it had to be. not hell.

maybe she didn't even believe in heaven, or hell. she'd always thought you lived another life after death. or you roamed earth as a ghost. so what was she doing here— in a train station?

she stood up then, finally taking in the open, glittering space around them. harry copied, and they looked at eachother with the same, puzzled expression. what was this place? and why the hell where they here?

the brunette raised her hands to her face, but it felt smooth, and natural. she no longer was bleeding, she no longer had any gashes on her face for the war. she was clean, and pristine.

harry wandered over to one of the benches, a small, strange monster lay curled up under it, covered in blood. it was skinny to the bone, and neither he, or paris knew what it was. it looked like a fetus, or something. it was terrifying— writhing about as it struggled for breath.  

"you cannot help." came a voice, and they looked up to see dumbeldore, slowly walking towards them. "harry, paris... you wonderful, wonderful young adults. so brave." he nodded, beckoning for them to come closer to him. "let us walk."

they obliged, following alongside the man as they walked nowhere in particular, just dragging themselves deeper into the nothingness.