epilogue 2/2

//Dreams pov

song recommendation
anchor by novo amor

- June 15th 2031

"Jane, daddy will literally kill me if you dont put on the dress"

"Noo dwess!"

"You gotta wear the dress honey, dont you think it looks sweet?" I attempt to sound convincing, holding the dress out infront of her in the mirror.

Her head cocks from side to side, like shes a curious dog looking for a bone.

"Why no jeans?"

"You cant wear jeans, love, everyones going to be all dressed up tonight"

Shes sat in my lap, her gorgeous little black curls bouncing around each time she shakes her head dramatically.

Shes definitely caught her sassiness from George, and I stand by that.

The kid is barely 4 and is already trying to tell me how she wants to do things.

Of course George thinks its hilarious when its not directed at him, he enjoys feeding into her little tantrums.

"Why cant the dwess be blue?" she snaps, hitting my legs as she stares up at me with her little brown doe eyes.

"Uncle Tom said his tie is purple, and he wanted you guys to match for tonight" I explain for what feels like the 100th time.

Is she not listening? Or is this some trick she enjoys playing because she knows it annoys me?

"What about Uncle Boo?" she presses angrily.

"Uncle Boo is going too hun" I coo, trying to sound convincing, "everyones going, and we want you to look especially gorgeous"

Its Wilburs new restaurants opening. Ever since hes properly made it in the music industry, hes started all different sorts of buisnesses.

We're headed out for the annual opening, like we always do whenever hes got something big going on.

We all try our best to make it for his big events.

"Mhm, Niki too?" he smiles happily.

"Niki too" I nod.

"Do you think Niki will be in a purple dwess?" she asks me, playing around with each of her fingers.

His eyes are bright at the mention of Niki, and I already know what ive got to do here.

"Yeah, yeah, probablyy" I assure her, sliding my phone out my pocket to begin messaging Niki.

"Pwommisseee?"

"I promise" I agree, texting Niki, begging her to wear a stupid purple dress.

"Is she dressed?" George shouts from downstairs.

Jane hops up from my lap, quickly snatching the dress out of my hand when she hears Georges voice.

If theres one thing me and her have in common, its our mutual fear of a stressed out George.

"Yeah!" I shout back, tugging the dress on over her small head, now leaning across the room to grab her little princess comb.

"And she looks presentable? Oh god, shes not in jeans, is she?"

"No" I scoff, shouting back.

I throw her an 'I told you so' look, and she sticks her tongue out at me in response, small giggles erupting from her mouth as she watches me stress about the room.