18.

River took a deep breath. The crisp air filled his lungs and charged his soul.

He looked across the snow covered land and sighed, watching his breath being carried off by the slight breeze. River looked down at the smaller deer and thanked it for its sacrifice. He tied the legs together and threw it over his shoulder.

River felt like himself again. With each passing day, the soreness left his body and his strength returned. His mate looked to be glowing from the happiness she radiated and he would listen to his youngling flutter around in its mother's belly every chance he would get it.

As he started back to the cave he thought of the journey they faced. River had been to the village one time, right before his tenth winter. Mother had a vision of death and they rushed back. It took them about three days.

There was no snow.

No pregnant female.

They were all giants and could run for hours.

Giants had a sense of direction about them and once they had been somewhere, they could always find it. River remembered a few caves they had rested in and knew for sure, they were going to have to stop. He figured it would probably take them about five days.

River trudged through the snow and smiled as his home came into sight, knowing his most precious things were tucked away behind the camouflage rock. That feeling of dominance filled his chest and rose in his throat. He looked around and thought about letting out a call, maybe knock on some trees. He shook his head. The thought of bringing his mate around other giants, frightened him.

They might react badly being that she's a human. They wouldn't hurt her because she was with a child, but they could outcast her to the cold and beat him senseless. Giants resorted to violence quickly. They were easily angered.

River was at the mercy of the Chief and the oldest elder.

When they had visited many years before, his Mother had a vision of death. When they had arrived, they were welcomed and River was looked over and inducted into the tribe.

HIs grandmother, his Mother's mother, was passing. His grandfather was bitter they had ever left, but was happy to see his grandson.

River didn't feel as free in the village as he did out in the forest. Someone was always watching. You couldn't climb trees or run around, without an elder ordering you down. Ancestors forbid, if you relieved yourself on a tree or behind a bush. They had a hut they went into, with a hole dug so deep in the ground, River thought if you'd fall in, you would never be found.

His grandfather was kinder and took him out into the woods to romp around and enjoy life a little. River fondly remembered wrestling with the older male.

"You have tired me out, little youngling."

River smiled and set the smaller deer by the front of the cave. Now how am I going to get her to understand.

~~~~

Azzalea tried on the warmest outfit he had ever made her. This one wasn't a dress, much to her disliking. She loved it when he would see her bare thighs and become interested in her. When she would bend over and even further on purpose and exposed her sex to him, he would jump on her. Unable to control himself.

"Do you not like it Fawn?"

Azzalea ran her hands down the fur and looked back up to him. She plastered a smile on her face. "I like it." She looked down.

River cupped her chin and brought her eyes back up to his. He knew she loved the dresses he made her. The way she would tease him in them, brought him much happiness. He loved making her feel desired. Azzalea seemed to light up every time he smacked her bottom and mated her like he was a beast.