Chapter Forty Two

Caleb ~

The group filed into the movie theater which was practically empty and took their seats, taking up two entire rows as they spread themselves out.

As the lights went out and the previews started, Caleb looked down at Lainey who was sitting beside him chewing at her lip.

What's making you so nervous Lainey girl?

He looked around to see if there were any people in the theatre that had spooked Lainey, but other than two other couples, the teams had the theater all to themselves. Maybe it was because James had left for the airport before they departed for the movies and she was nervous on his behalf. Either way, she was fidgety and chewing at her bottom lip - something was clearly on her mind and stealing her focus.

"What are you thinkin about so hard over there?" Caleb whispered.

"Nothing it's just...it's nothing." She stammered, retreating from her original intention to tell him what was on her mind.

"Talk to me Darlin'." he said into her ear, resting his hand on her knee.

The feeling of her soft skin beneath is calloused hand was pure heaven and he watched her visceral reaction to his touch. She sucked in a hard breath as soon as his rough hand made contact with the bare skin of her knee and straightened her spine as if he had sent an electrical current through her.

"I was just thinking about the fact that James left for Colombia today...which means we've got the apartment all to ourselves tonight." she said in a hushed voice as she took her bottom lip between her teeth and looked up at him, searching his face for a reaction.

Her words seemed to stall the heavy beating of his heart for a split second and redirect his entire blood volume below his belt as he dropped his head back onto the headrest to try and regain his composure.

Leaning toward her, Caleb swept her hair to once side as he lowered his head and drug his nose up her neck until he reached her ear.

"You can't say shit like that to me in public Darlin', how the hell am I supposed to make it through this entire movie?" He said against her ear before planting a few light kisses on her neck, loving the way she hummed and tilted her head to give him more range of motion.

She closed her eyes and enjoyed every feather light kiss that Caleb trailed up and down her neck below her ear, before he pulled away and rested his forehead against hers.

"God, Lainey. I can't stop kissing you." Caleb muttered against her skin, loving the taste and feel of her flesh against his mouth. Lainey had her own scent that drove Caleb out of his damn mind with desire. It wrapped around him and pulled him in, making him want her even more.

"Then don't," She said, giving him a smile with her eyes closed as she soaked up his kisses.

Just as he was lowering his head to continue his delicious journey down Lainey's neck, He registered movement in his peripheral vision. Claire stood and was leading Nate out of the theater with her lipstick smeared across his mouth.

Looks like we aren't the only ones who can't stop kissing each other.

He glanced down the row to see if anyone else had noticed Nate's exit only to find Pierce with Natalie in his lap with his hand in her hair as he pulled her mouth down against his.

"Dec's proposal seems to have gotten everyone all hot and bothered." Axel whispered, shaking his head at Pierce.

As if on cue Natalie accidentally let out a moan that echoed down the row, causing everyone's shoulders to bounce with laughter. Kincaid cleared his throat loudly and coughed making as much noise as possible to try and cover the sounds they were making which only made the situation more hilarious.