𝟟

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1960    𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki stands in a magician's getup in the living room.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for my final trick, I bring you the Cabinet of Mysteries!" He waves his prop wand, but nothing happens. He looks around the room and then whisper-shouts, "Darling, that's your cue."

Y/N hears him and responds, "Did you say, 'Cabinet of Mysteries?'" Loki repeats himself, "Yes, I said, 'The Cabinet of Mysteries!'" He waves his wand again and this time, Y/N wheels out a large cabinet.

Loki's eyes widen at the sight of the oversized cabinet in their living room, "Sweet Valhalla! Darling, do all the other acts in the talent show have such elaborate props?" Y/N gave him a deadpanned look, "Are you kidding? Fred and Linda are building a moat and a fully-functioning portcullis and no one even knows why. Let's keep going."

Loki raised his eyebrows in a 'Are you kidding me' way, but then shrugged, "Yes, yes. Where was I? Um... Watch closely as I, Illusion, Master of Enigma, make my captivating assistant, Glamour, disappear." They both walk to the cabinet and Loki opens the door for Y/N, she steps in, "You really are very dashing," she compliments her husband in his magician's outfit.

He smiles at her, "Mmm, thank you, darling. Fear not, Glamour. For I, Illusion, vow to bring you back exactly as you are." He closes the cabinet door and waves his magic wand, yelling, "Abracadabra!" He opens the door again, revealing that Y/N has disappeared. "Ta-ta!"

After a moment, Y/N re-emerges from a hidden wall in the cabinet and claps for him. Loki rolls his eyes playfully, but then he get concerned, "Yes, um, Y/N, you're not at all worried that the audience might just see through this little charade?"

She laughs at his question, finding it silly to ask, "Well, that's the whole point. In a real magic act, everything is fake." She steps out of the cabinet as Loki changes his clothes back to his normal home attire, "Darling, the talent show fundraiser is the most important event of the season and it's our neighborly duty to participate. Plus, it's our chance to appear as normal as possible while doing so."

He gestures at his Asguardian lounge wear, "Well, I don't think that should be a problem," he says sarcastically. Y/N walks over to him and straightens out his shirt and brushes off some fuzz, she looks up at him with adoring eyes, "This is our home now. I want us to fit in," she laughs softly.

He kisses her head and moves over by the couch, "Oh, darling, we do. We shall. And we're gonna knock their socks off, especially with you wearing this," he holds up a very sparkly one piece outfit, she gives a disapproving look, but laughs, she checks the time on her watch, "Well, I better get going if I'm gonna make the planning committee meeting."

"That's me off as well, actually. There's a gathering of the neighborhood watch at the public library. And after last night's excitement, I want to make sure this town's security is up to snuff." She nods, smiling, "That's a swell idea. You tell those tree branches who's boss." He bends down and kisses her, which she returns the gesture, "Would you look at us? Y/N and Loki, Westview fitter-inners." He changes into more Midgard looking clothes and starts to walk to the door.

She laughs as he walks to the door, heading out, "I'll see you at curtain call," she calls as he closes the door. She looks around the room at the mess they made with their props and costumes, she sighs, what a mess they had made.

She picks up a few things before hearing a static noise from behind her, she sets the things in her hands onto the couch and pulls her hands up defensively, she cautiously turns around to see the TV on. The TV starts making more of a static noise, she holds her stance, red energy glowing from her hands, she walks closer to the TV and it sparks, Y/N takes a step back. She stares at it and it starts to crackle, she hears her name being called from it.