Picnic

tw - mention of bad eating habits

[a/n] if you're looking for any more dnf stories, i HIGHLY recommend any stories by dreamandgeorgelol . they are extremely well written and the author is very talented!! :)

wordcount - 911 - sorry for the short chapter!!

Dream lied down the blanket in the semi tall grass, where flowers and small critters resided of all varieties. George set down the small basket of food and drinks that Dream had packed and they both took their place across from eachother on the covering.

The area was beautiful to say the least. It was secluded, closed off from the rest of civilization and very romantic. A sea of trees surrounded the area, above them an opening to let them see the clouds and setting sky

They'd gotten there way later than planned, since George wanted to take a shower and Dream was still a little tired.

So lunch was more of a dinner lunch, in which the two joked around calling it 'dunch.' They were having fun and everything was at ease. They challenged eachother to see who could catch the most blueberries in their mouth,

"Are you seriously challenging me?" Dream expressed a confident look as he took the blueberry, tossing it up in the air and flawlessly catching it in his mouth.

He cocked his head and with an eyebrow raised waited for George to do the same. In which he did, but throwing it higher and still getting it in his mouth with the same talent. "Yeah, I am."

His accent could make anything sound nice, even when he had the most challenging intentions behind it. A look of cockiness looked in his eyes, which watched closely as Dream attempted another throw. This time, he would throw it higher than ever and attempt to catch it with his eyes closed. He knew he'd miss but it'd be nice for laughs and giggles, and like he predicted the blueberry dropped down straight onto his nose.

George had even eaten a little under half of his food, which Dream was content and proud of. He knew that maybe tomorrow it'd be rougher to eat for him, but that was to figure out tomorrow. For now he was just glad he ate something.

Now, George layed between Dreams legs, leaning against his chest and listening to the soothing rhythm of his heart beat and the calm pattern of his breathing. He felt like he could fall asleep with how peaceful the setting was.

The silence broke.

"Are you awake down there?" Dream chuckled as he leaned to the side to have clear view of George, his stunning boyfriend.

"Mhm." He turned his head towards Dream. Looking up the slightest he let their foreheads press up against eachother then closing the gap and iniating a loving kiss.

It lasted a few seconds before George broke it, quickly separating himself from Dream. The other held a worrisome look, he was afraid he did something wrong and thats why George pulled away in such rush.

But the brits smile hadn't faltered. He remembered something he'd wanted to do when they arrived. He picked himself up from Dream, crawling over and picking a few of the flowers that grew besides where they lay.

He set them infront on the blanket. He sat crisscrossed infront of Dream who seemed so genuinely confused.

"My sister used to make these flower crowns, like with the stems. I forgot but I wanted to show you."

Dream nodded, listening to every word George said to him and making sure he was completely focused; even if that was difficult.

He proceeded to show him how to wrap the stems around eachother, securing the flowers in a tight circle. Dream watched closely as his dainty hands worked on the crown, observing every small thing they did and every stem he wrapped together.

And after a bit, a full crown filled with yellow and white flowers had been made. Dream seemed a bit taken back about how quickly and flawlessly he could do that.

George found it cute how dumbfounded he seemed. He placed the flower crown on top of Dreams head, adjusting it so it stayed in place.

Now Dream wanted to try.

"Remember where I started?"

"I think so." He took two flowers of different shades, attempting to connect them when he realized he was doing something wrong.

"No no no."

George moved his hands over Dreams, lightly hovering to show him how to interwine them. He looked down at the flowers while Dream looked at him, his lips threatening to press against his at any moment. But he didn't, he continued to let George attempt at teaching him.

Soon enough he got it too, while it was a little more rough and less circular, the stems coming done every few minutes, it was a crown nonetheless.

He did the same as George and placed the crown on the others fluffy brown hair, making him giggle and reside back in the same position in between his legs, laying back on his chest.

They spent hours talking, watching as night slowly set in and the stars aligned into a blanket above them. Without trying, they both ended up falling asleep under the night sky.

--

[a/n] not really a cliffhanger but I apologize that this chapter was rushed, I can't seem to sit through writing it and tried multiple times, so figured this was good enough. please stay hydrated!! :)<3