Chapter 15B

Yuna's POV

I SLAMMED THE door to close it. I saw the two siblings sitting in the front jump in shock. They slowly looked ahead and Yeonjun quietly operated his car.

I caressed the car when I realize how bad my actions were. I close my eyes because of what happened. So, this is how I get angry. Even the car is affected.

I hurried out after Yeonjun parked his car in front of the house. I didn't say goodbye to Yeonjun anymore and I went straight in. I also ignored the greetings of those sitting on the sofa in our living room. I immediately went into my room and flopped myself on the bed.

I stared at the ceiling of my room as I remembered what had happened earlier. He wants me to meet his family at his cousin's wedding and then that's what I'll see? I don't know who the girl he was hugging earlier and I don't care who she is. But I was still irritated because the memory I saw kept flashing back to my head.

"Argh!"

I yelled while lying in bed. I feel my pillows went to the floor.

It's funny that I'm the one who is scared of commitment and yet here I am being jealous with what I saw earlier. Is it okay to be jealous even if we're not together?

We're still young ... we're just high school students.

Should I just say yes even if I'm not yet ready? Hell, I know it's not right. He doesn't deserve a half hearted answer. I don't deserve someone like him if I do that.

WHEN MONDAY CAME I ignored Kai. Even our friends.

When I had lunch, I isolated myself from my friends. I have no appetite today. I only ate bread for breakfast even though Yeji cooked my favorite food. When I was left alone in the classroom I got up from my chair and decided to go out.

I stopped walking when I saw Kai waiting while leaning against the wall. I walked in the other direction to avoid him. I felt the warmth of his hand as it landed on my skin.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked. "Is it because of Wonyoung?"

So, Wonyoung is the girl's name. She seems pretty but of course I'm prettier. She's more on the cute side and I don't really prefer that type that much.

I grabbed his hand holding my other hand and forcefully removed it before walking away from him.

He quickly came in front of me. I looked at his face. His youthful face that catches a lot of girl's attention flashed before me. His small face. His double eye lids. His natural reddish cheeks. His sharp nose. He was cute the first time I saw him. And I'll admit the changes. He seems more mature now compared before. And I'm not really surprised when I heard that many students began to idolize him because of how handsome he became.

"Wonyoung is a childhood friend of mine. I didn't actually recognize her instantly. Her family moved when we were kids. I only saw her once in a picture my mother showed me."

He explained.

"She's just a friend. There's no need to be jealous of her, Yuna."

I didn't speak. How did he know I'm jealous? Is my actions that obvious?

"You know who I like. You know I like you."

I tried refraining from smiling because of what he said. I felt my cheeks burning because of the romantic excitement I'm feeling.

"Are we good now?"

I slowly nodded. His lip lifted. He's smiling.

He offered his hand. I gladly accepted it. We walked in the corridors with our hands clasped together.

Many students saw that. Some of them frowned, some of them were feeling happy because of it.

We arrived at the cafeteria with all eyes on the two of us. I can see how my friends are grinning so big right now.

"Congratulations. I really thought there would be World Wide III earlier." Ryujin said as soon as we arrived at their table.

"The tension was scary. Yuna looks at me like she's gonna kill me any time. It's frightening!"

Our friends laughed at Beomgyu's comment. Was my face really that scary before?

Kai placed something in front of me. "I called a restaurant earlier."

I opened it and saw there was jajangmyeon inside. "Is this even allowed?"

I whispered to him. I don't know if food can be delivered here. I'm scared they'll scold us if having food delivered here is forbidden.

He laughed. "Everything is allowed, Yuna. Everything is possible, especially if it's for you."

I was taken by what he said.

"Eat."

I nodded. I followed what he said. I shake the jajangmyeon to mix the sauce with its noodles. I removed the plastic surrounding it when I was satisfied with the mixing.

I ate. When we all finished eating we immediately went back to the classroom. I became active that afternoon because Kai and I got along.

"Let's group study before the exam!" Beomgyu said happily when the class ended.

Next week is our exam. After that will be Kai's cousin's wedding.

"We can do that at our house. If you want to have a sleepover, you can too." Lia's suggestion.

Ryujin nodded to agree with Lia's suggestion. Sleepover even if we live next door?

After a short conversation, we parted ways on our way home. Kai grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the gate. He hailed a taxi and let me board inside before he boarded as well.

"Where will we go?"

"Mom's house."

It's just a simple answer but that made it hard for me to breathe. Why does his tone so calm even though I know he knows I'm going to feel like this.

The nervousness I feel as we travel is still not dying. This increased, even more, when our vehicle stopped. Kai went down first and he helped me to get down.

An enormous gate welcomed us. He held my hand and together we walked closer to the gate. We went closer and he pressed something on the screen that made the small gate opened. He smiled at me before he pulled me in again.

Not far away I saw a woman waiting near the main door of the house.

She welcomes me with a hug when we got there. "You must be Yuna. It's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot of things about you."

"Mom!"

His mother just stared at him before turning to me again.

"Make Kai suffer a little bit, okay? Don't answer him right away." She whispered to me.

Kai definitely didn't hear that because he didn't complain.

I just now realize where Kai inherited his bubbly side. It's from their mom. It's like seeing a girl version of Kai from her.

I can't help but smile. I feel different now. Contrary to how I felt yesterday. I'm at peace right now and I hope this won't change for a while.