Chapter 25 - Neurotoxine

Magnus sat in the back of a black van, checking the audio signals.

"Fenris, do you hear me?"

"Yes."

"Arne, Erik?"

"Positive," they murmured.

"Olaf, soldier?"

"Why don't you call me by my name?" Bucky huffed, walking next to Olaf.

"Concentration, soldier. This is not the time," Magnus answered, looking at his watch. "Now or never, Team 1, go in."

Arne and Erik looked at each other and shortly nodded. Arne kicked in the door and waited as Erik went in, a gun cocked in his hands. Arne followed on his heels, one hand on his shoulder as they went through the small apartment, checking the different rooms.

"Team 2, enter," Magnus murmured.

Bucky and Olaf followed into the flat, backing Erik and Arne up. "Living room clean, bedroom clean," Arne whispered into his earpiece. He raised his hand to stop the others from moving before nudging the kitchen door open. On the table sat a man with Asian features, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

His eyes widened as he noticed Arne and let the bread fall, beginning to move his hands in circles. Arne shot a taser, electrocuting the man. He fell to the ground, groaning.

"Your name," Arne hissed, holding him on the ground with his boot on his shoulder. The man pressed his lips together and shook his head as he tried to wiggle away from the boot.

"I'm not asking again," Arne warned. He placed the gun back in the holster and drew a knife.

"Wong. His name is Wong."

Arne turned his head and flinched when he saw Strange next to the dishwasher, casually leaning against the counter. He looked so out of place with the cape. In an instant, four guns were aimed at him, but he only sighed.

"Come on, Harlovsen. Let the man breath," he motioned to Wong, who gasped for air. Arne slightly easied his grip but had him still fixated on the ground.

"Wong, relax," Strange added, his coat attaching the matching motions. He turned to the Harlovsens.

"So, that you are here and the Avengers are not, I guess there is a problem?" he asked, vanishing and reappearing within one second, now having Magnus on his side. He looked around, baffled by the sudden change of location. Strange nudged him towards the others.

"Hm, where is the girl?" he thought out loud.

Arne felt his eye involuntary twitch, but Strange seemed to have noticed. "With Loki then, I guess. And just let me voice a thought: He asked for the stone in exchange?"

"Correct," Erik stated, his gun still pointed at Strange. The magician again vanished and reappeared besides Wong, letting fall several gunfire magazines. Erik groaned, trying to shoot, but his gun only clicked. He raised it in annoyance and put it into his holster, crossing arms before his chest.

"The answer is no." Strange waved them off dismissively. "I promised to protect the stone under any circumstance."

Fenris exchanged a look with Magnus, who raised a brow and nodded. He unobtrusively pushed his wrist, where his chip was implanted. A colourless and odourless gas evaded from a small apparatus in his bag.

Arne observed how Strange frowned as the gas started to evolve its effects. Strange took a step forward but swayed dangerously and leaned onto a shelf. "What have you–?" He shook his head and breathed deeply in.