33 : Drawn back like Magnets

• Author •

Author •

Anika was twiddling the hem of her clothing, constantly tackling with her mind to come up with some less nonsense topic to start the conversation with Suhana.

Anika and Suhana had moved into Vikram's room and sat on the couch to have a good conversation.

"So Rohit told me about you...and everything about the marriage "Anika smiled nervously as Suhana nodded faintly. 

"I am sorry that you had to go through all that" Anika placed her hand on Suhana's shoulder, genuinely.

Suhana remained still as memories of the past month came in gushing into her mind. A lot of things were changed. The man whom she hugged to save herself on Aisha's birthday is now her husband.

"Let bygones be bygones. If not, I would only be mourning for my condition and I don't want to do that "Suhana said with a lips pursed.

A faint smile crept in Anika's face as she continued, "So..Well, what do you think about Vikram?" as Suhana's eyebrows shot up.

"Vikram? What can I tell you about him? He is so sweet. As sweet as a bitter gourd and has worse mood swings than an average teenager" Suhana sighed confused, as he was unusually sweet to her the previous day.

Uncontrollable laughters made Anika throw her face up in the air.

"Yeah that is! But...apart from that, what do you think about Vikram.?" Anika asked with a mischievous smile on her face.

"Honestly, I...really don't know anything about him. He is rigid, tough and definitely not an easy going person. He just keeps staring straight up, trying to burn everything by narrowing his eyes. At times I even wonder if he has any other feelings apart from being angry or being silent" Suhana said casually, still bickering about everything in her head.

"Yeah...you really don't know anything yet!" Anika said as her face turned glum. 

"Well let you something interesting" Anika said as Suhana straightened her back to listen to her keenly. 

"Once, Vikram didn't talk to me for a whole week. He was so angry with me that he wouldn't even look into my eyes. It was a pretty intense" 

"But what did you do?? Did you keep chattering for a day? Coz he hates when I keep talking, but I don't stop tho" Suhana sighed as Anika shook her head saying No, "Broke his phone?" 

"He doesn't mind that tho"Suhana mumbled under her breath as she shook her head saying no again.

"Then why did you both fight?"

"Well, he broke my favourite pen the previous day..."

"Okay..." Suhana dragged her words waiting for her to continue.

"So the next day, when we were playing in the swimming pool , I peed in the water with him still inside the water " Anika finished her sentence as Suhana burst into laughter.