Chapter 13

Edward finally stopped, and we took Bella to the hospital.
The others made up a story while I waited for Renée.
"Emma!" she ran to me and hugged me. "What are you doing here? Are you okay? Where is Bella? Is she okay?"

"Calm down, Renée. Bella is still sleeping... she called me that she was in Phoenix, so Edward wanted to come here to convince her to come back. And Jasper drove us here. But she fell down the stairs, through a window... her leg is broken and she lost a lot of blood. But the doctors said that she would be okay" I said and she calmed down.

"I'm so glad" she said.
"You can go in if you want. Edward is in there now, he doesn't want to leave her alone. I'll call Charlie to let him know" I said and she smiled.
"Thank you, Emma. For everything" she said and went inside Bella's room.
Jasper came to me and I sat down.

"Are you okay?" he asked while holding my hand.
"No" I said. "I don't know... Bella was in so much pain... did it hurt like that for you too?" I asked.
"Yes, turning hurts a lot" he answered honestly. "But, I would go through it a hundred times more if it meant meeting you"

He wrapped his arm around me and I closed my eyes.
"Can we go home?" I asked.
"Yes, darling. We can go home" he whispered.

~

After I called Charlie, we went back home. Bella had to stay still for a while, but she would be able to go to the prom, but with a cast around her leg...
So, I went to the Cullen's house for Alice to dress me up.
She held out a pair of heels and I literally threw them to her.

"What do you have against heels?" she laughed.
"What do you have against sneakers?" I laughed and she let me wear my sneakers under the dress.
I put on the jacket and Rosalie did my hair.

"So, how do you feel about Jasper?" asked Rosalie, making Alice smile.
"I like him, a lot" I admitted and they smiled.
"You two are going to be so cute!" said Alice.

"They already are" said Rosalie making me laugh. "I'm done, you look really pretty"
"Thank you, you too" I said and she smiled.

When I walked down the stairs, Jasper was waiting for me.
"Wow" he said and I laughed.
"Hello Cowboy" I said and he kissed my hand.
"Hello darling" he said and gave me a corsage for around my wrist. "For you"

"Thank you. You look very handsome" I said and Alice took a picture of us.
"That was too perfect! You can't blame me!" she shouted and I blushed.

"You look absolutely beautiful" said Jasper.
"You kids have fun" said Esme and I hugged her before leaving.
"Thank you, for everything" I whispered and she hugged me back.

The dance itself wasn't too bad. I didn't like being around a lot of people, but neither did Jasper.
So we found a place where there weren't too many people.
"I think I'll take you up on that dance now" said Jasper and laid his hand on my waist while grabbing my free hand with his other hand.

"Fine, cowboy" I said and he danced with me.
'I wouldn't mind living forever, if it meant being with Jasper...'
And after one dance, came another, and another...
And I fell even more in love with Jasper Whitlock...

-End of Twilight