𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸𝟻

────I────

The next day
10 am
(9 hours before take-off)

Beomgyu's mother crept inside of her son's bedroom and sat on the edge of his bed where he's lying down with a white teddy next to him.

The boy in question was doing absolutely nothing, he had his hand on his chest, feeling nothing, while just staring at his turned-off tv.

The lady tried to break the silence "How are you feeling?"

After receiving a simple hum from the younger, she pointed at something on his table "It's Leopold von Lichtenstein who got you those orchids right? I see you're taking good care of them!"

"Well they are the only life that I can take care of since I don't have mine anymore." Beomgyu muttered emotionlessly.

The lady blinked "Ah?"
'Is he depressed now..?'

"Also his name is Taehyun."

"Wow Taehyun? What a coincidence, It's like that AG kid on television—wait." The mother paused like she was rethinking her whole existence "Are they the same person?"

She didn't get a reply but even if they are the same person, it doesn't really bother her, unlike some people. As silence filled the room, she attempted to lighten it up a bit, she poked his cheek "Is he your boyfriend??"

Beomgyu didn't react at all and she got the message that he just wants to be alone. Smiling softly, she left the room.

As soon as she was in the corridor, her smile disappeared. The woman quickly dialled a number.

After being on the call for a minute, she said "Doctor I'm really worried.. he was so quiet and down-spirited ever since his friend brought him home. Beomgyu says that he can't distinguish the tastes of food, his body temperature is so low. He claims that he can't see colours, and I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, but when I check his pulse he doesn't seem to have any!"

Meanwhile in the bedroom, Beomgyu's phone made a sound. It was a notification that he received a text message, from Hyeongjun it seems. As he read the text, His facial expression remained blank even though the message was alarming and involved someone important. He decided to send back a two-worded reply.

~

"Being dead sucks right?"

The voice just now was oddly familiar, a bit ghostly sounding. Beomgyu glanced to the left and took notice of a whitish transparent girl- It was... Sunhee..?!

"You can see me? I guess you're dead too." Sunhee's spirit floated towards Beomgyu, she touched him but her finger went through "Hmm I guess you're half dead"

She randomly pondered something out loud "I wish I knew that I would get killed on my way to buy my mother medicine.
At least they put my grave next to hers since she apparently died later on..."

Beomgyu wasn't even spooked out by all this, and was just staring at her. The fact that she's in his room was concerning him more than the fact that he can see her ghost, like what is she a pervert? Why's she here?
"I'm dead... Are you sure?" he suddenly muttered.

"Mhm. Don't you feel exhausted? Like you don't belong here? Emotionless? You can't eat and you see in black and white?" She smirked after receiving nods from the male "See. You're dead, plus having no heartbeat isn't normal."