prologue

Nephera Winchester apparated into Platform Nine and Three Quarters alongside her mother and her father. All heads turned instantly to look at the family of three with an equal measure of awe and fear, which was to be expected. The Winchesters were a prominent family in the wizarding world, and most people instantly recognized them when they walked into a room.

Her father, Castiel Winchester, was dressed in all black and was holding his cane with a strong grip, was head of the Wizengamot in the ministry, and demanded everyone's respect whenever he walked in a room. He was gripping his daughter's shoulders forcefully, his fingers digging into the cut he himself had inflicted yesterday, the product of another argument between the two concerning Nephera's questionable company.

Her mother, Emmeline Winchester, was also dressed in black and was looking down at the rest of the people in disgust. Like the other Sacred Twenty-Eight wives, didn't work, and instead occupied herself with hosting balls and dinner parties, which is what she was known for.

Lastly, the sole heir of the Winchester fortune, Nephera Winchester. The brunette girl was on her way to start her sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and had already acquired quite a reputation for herself. Most people tended to stay out of her way, especially when she was angry, a fact that was only facilitated when Mulciber had insulted her and landed himself in the hospital wing for two days. Being in Slytherin, and a Winchester no less, everyone expected her to hang out with Lestrange and the rest of the Slytherin gang, but the girl surprised everyone in her first year by befriending a muggleborn Hufflepuff by the name of Ellie Adams and a halfblood Ravenclaw by the name of Tony Spectre.

Her two friends seemed to be the only ones that were able to get through to the girl, knowing the most about her. However, even they didn't know everything. Nephera rarely opened up about what was going on in her head, and that air of mystery combined with the elegance and arrogance she held whenever she walked into a room made her one of the most sought-out people at Hogwarts, but both guys and girls alike.

Part of her reputation was the ongoing feud she seemed to have with Sirius Black. The two of them were never able to see eye to eye, in anything, and this caused arguments to erupt between them since the first week in first year, arguments which developed into full-on duels in the hallways, paired with screaming matches and oftentimes cruel pranks.

Sirius Black, much like Nephera, was Hogwarts' infamous heartbreaker. The boy made himself known from the second he walked into the Great Hall from the first time, the shock of a Black being placed in Gryffindor caused rumors to erupt for weeks after that. As he grew up, he gained the attention of many girls, the number only multiplying with each year that passed. His good looks were not the only thing he was known for, though. The raven-haired boy was also known as someone you did not want to cross, his anger issues shining through when Avery had decided to insult Remus Lupin about his scars and Sirius decided to turn the Slytherin into his personal punching bag back in fourth year. It took both James Potter and Remus Lupin to tear him away from the boy, and ever since that moment, the students of Hogwarts knew to not anger him.