Plot Twist!

I'm screaming, you guys! I have an announcement to make.

I can't help but send you fuzzy, electronic hugs, friend, wherever you are! I hope you're having a nice day, and I hope what I'm about to say is going to make it better.

Here it goes:

I'm getting published!

I know; I can't believe it either. It feels like the biggest plot twist of my life!

A big thank you to all of you for making this possible!

Thank you for joining me on the rollercoaster/feels ride that is Luna. I love writing so much, and I'm so grateful that I have friends like you with whom I can share it with.

As a token of my gratitude—and because you guys are the best and, therefore, deserve the best—I will be giving away never-before-seen content!

You get a bonus chapter! And you get a bonus chapter! Everybody gets a bonus chapter!

https://media.giphy.com/media/y8Mz1yj13s3kI/giphy.gif

The book is going to be published on April 28, 2021 EST. I'm still here on Wattpad, but for copyright reasons, my publisher asked me to take down half of the chapters before publishing.

They had set up an author page for me. On this site, you can participate in a book cover contest for Luna. You can create and submit the cover you've always wanted and imagined for the story. And who knows? Maybe you'll be the lucky one to have his/her name in print on the book cover!

You? A book cover artist? Imagine that!

The following are the things you need to know before joining the contest:

• Send the covers to my agent at ftwagent@gmail.com on or before April 13, 2021.

• Know that if we choose your cover, you will get credit on the physical cover of the book. If you're an aspiring graphic artist, this can be a good addition to your portfolio and might bring you future work from us and other book publishers.

• If your cover wins, you will have to fill out a form that lets us have the cover.

• You cannot use any copyrighted images. You can use royalty-free images.

• If your cover wins, we will do everything we can to use it. However, you need to know that there can be odd reasons why we might not be able to. For example, we might not be able to use the Photoshop file because of an error or we might find a copyrighted image in the cover design.

The cover must meet the following requirements:

• High-res, in JPG and PSD (Photoshop) format so that we can use it for the paperback version of the book

• 5.5 in x 8.5 in and 300 DPI (pixels per inch)

• Must have the book title "Luna" and the author's name "Lora Powell"

Some tips:

• The cover has to look good in Amazon thumbnail size. Attract possible readers; make them want to click on it.

• The text needs to be readable.

• Use a maximum of two fonts.

By the way, this is not mandatory. I'm only giving you guys the chance to get involved in the book launch because I couldn't have gotten here without you. I can't thank you all enough!

Please stay tuned for more updates. I'll see you in the next post!