The great divide

"Sokka, you're supposed to put the tarp ON TOP of the tent. Y'know, so we don't get rained on?" Katara told Sokka as I walked towards them with a load of sticks for the fire.

"Ordinarily you'd be right, but seeing how it's the dry season, you're not." He replied, "besides, that tarp makes a pretty warm blanket."

"But what if it does rain?"

"What if it doesn't? Then I would have put the tarp up for nothing."

"Uh!" Katara stomped, "you're infuriating!"

"Katara, why don't you worry about gathering the firewood? Because that kindling's look pretty sorry." He glanced at me while I was putting down the load of firewood I got, "You did amazing though, Y/N."

"Thanks." I smiled while organizing the sticks.

Katara rolled her eyes, "well, if you don't like MY firewood, then do it yourself!" She threw the sticks she collected at Sokka.

"Ahh!" Sokka flinched as he was hit with the sticks then stood up, "fine by me! If you're not gonna do your job—uh!" He grabbed the top of the tent and tore it to the ground.

"Ok, I got the grub if you guys got the—" Aang walked towards us, "Hey, where's the campfire and what happened to the tent?" Aang asked.

"Sokka and Katara are arguing, again. I'm working on the campfire though, so it'll be ready in a bit."

"This all started cause of miss know it all, queen of the twigs!" Sokka scoffed.

"Oh yeah? Well, you're Mr. lazy bum king of the—" She picked up a stick and threw it at the back of Sokka's head, "tents!"

Aang giggled, "ok, listen guys. Harsh words won't solve problems. Action will. Why don't you just switch jobs?"

"Sounds good." Katara agreed.

"Whatever." Sokka replied.

"You see that? Settling feuds and making peace— all in a day's work for the avatar." I joked.

"There it is, guys—the great divide." Aang stated as we stood at the edge of a vast canyon.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked Momo as he landed on my arm and he chirped in response.

"Wow, I could just stare at it forever." Katara sighed in fascination.

"Ok, I've seen enough." Sokka started to head back towards Appa.

"How can you not be fascinated, Sokka?" Katara asked, "this is the largest canyon in the entire world."

"Then I'm sure we'll be able to see it very clearly from the air while we fly away." Sokka said and shortly after a man came from behind and ran past him, pushing and making him stumble.

"Hey, if you're looking for a canyon guide, I was here first." The man said.

"Ooh. Canyon guide, sounds informative." Katara responded.

"Believe me, he's more than a tour guide. He's an earthbender and the only way in and out of the canyon is with his help." Sokka appeared from behind the guy and started mocking his little information rant, "and he's taking my tribe across next."

"Calm down. We know you're next." Sokka stopped and walked out from behind him towards us.

"You wouldn't be calm if the fire nation destroyed your home and forced you to flee, my whole tribe has to walk thousands of miles to the capital city of Ba Sing Se." He pointed his fingers at us.

"You're a refugee." Katara stated.

"Huh, tell me something I don't know." He replied.

"Ok calm yourself, just cause you're fleeing doesn't mean you get to have a stank attitude." I rolled my eyes and Momo chirped in agreeance.