49. {planck's constant}

──── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

──── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

july 4th
starcourt mall - weathertop

when the couple reached them, the group were attempting to move the charred car.

"push!"

"all right, great."

"all right, now, all the way. ready?"

"three, two, one... push!"

the display car loudly crashed on the ground and mike smirked, "told you. physics."

"how do we get it open?" nancy questioned.

"uh, there should be a latch," jonathan told her.

"possibly under the wheel." tilly added.

"how do you know that stuff?" lucas panted.

"you see it?"

"steve, slate and my dad." tilly shrugged.

"i don't know, hold on." nancy spoke while she examined the car.

"what's she doing?" max pointed to el who was scavenging the bin for something.

"el." mike walked forward with max, watching as she tried to crush the can, "are you okay?"

"do you see it?"

"i don't know." jonathan panted, "it should be right here. distributor, distributor..."

will placed his fingers on his neck in fear.

"everything okay?" tilly scanned his face. before she could ask him another question, a cold shiver ran down her spine, initiating her to gasp.

he didn't respond, he just looked up.

"oh my fucking-" tilly gulped once she stared too.

the frame of the mind flayer was seen above the mall, every step it took caused a thundering rumble to the ceiling.

"mike." max grabbed his attention causing him and el to look up.

"guys...." tilly shrieked out, her eyes fixated above.

"got it." jonathan pulled the cable out, oblivious.

"nancy!"

"come on!" mike grabbed el and ran, max right behind them.

"woah!" tilly watched them leave them.

after a few more rumbles, the creature had managed to smash the glass and drop down. as it landed on the floor, it began roaring and shrieking.

"matilda!" the group yelled.

will quickly pulled her behind the car and the rest followed.

the five sat there in complete silence, tilly was near to an asthma attack as she clutched onto will's hand in fear. the boy quickly put his shaking hand on her mouth, to stop her from potentially speaking. she gave him a look and he quickly removed his palm from her face.