Chapter 5: The Prince Vs The Pleiades, Part 1

(Warning: Only read this fanfiction after reading the light novels and/or watching the anime. I do NOT own Overlord, I'm just a fan writing a story.)

(A/N: Video by Kiranime.)

"Text" - Character speaking

Text - Thoughts

[Text] - Spell/Item/Skill

(~~Text~~) - A shift in time/location/POV

It had been roughly three weeks since Tashimī saved Carne Village, and the story of the Dark Prince has been spread across the land. However, many people did not believe that an undead would save humans out of the kindness of their hearts, so many scoffed at the story and believed it to be completely false.

Currently, Tashimī was wandering through the illustrious halls of the 10th floor of Nazarick, taking in the amazing sights that were displayed across the walls. The Dark Prince always loved class and riches; it reminded him that he was a being with unrivalled power, and that he could take whatever he wanted with a flick of his fingers.

However, though Tashimī enjoyed the sights of the grand hallways, he had more pressing matters to attend to within the 10th floor; his father, the ruler of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, had summoned him to his office for a personal discussion that would only involve himself, his father, and the Pleiades battle maids. Though Tashimī was not 100% certain as to why the Battle Maids were summoned for their meeting, he had a theory that he believed was very likely to be the case.

(~~Tashimī POV~~)

After fifteen minutes of walking through the ravishing hallways that glistened a beautiful shade of amethyst, the Dark Prince finally arrived at the doors to his father's personal office. Taking a few moments to prepare himself for the meeting, Tashimī raised his fist towards the door and offered three light knocks. 

Tashimī's father had told him many times that there was no need for him to knock, mainly because he was the future ruler of Nazarick and the office would belong to him one day. However, the Dark Prince thought it would be rude to not show his father, the very being who brought him to life, the respect he undoubtedly deserved.

After waiting two minutes for someone to answer, a small maid with vibrant blonde hair finally answered the door, her eyes widening at the sight of the Prince of Death standing before her. In a moment of pure terror, she lowered herself before Tashimī and began to shower him with apologies for her inability to answer his calls sooner.

???: "I-I-I apologise for my l-lateness, your m-majesty!"

Tashimī: "Do not worry Cixous. Just try to be more efficient in your work next time."

The homunculus maid, now identified as Cixous, released a small yelp from her lips as her face became flushed and hot; she had not expected the Prince of Nazarick to bother remembering the name of a lowly servant, especially when he has much more pressing matters to attend to. However, the Dark prince had once more shown his infinite generosity through his words, and Cixous could only grab her cheeks to hide her embarrassment from her master. 

Tashimī: "Cixous, is everything alright?"

Cixous: "Y-you actually r-remembered my name!"

Tashimī: "Well, of course I did; it would be quite difficult to forget a lovely maiden such as yourself."

Once more, the small maid released a flustered yelp that permeated the room, quickly covering her mouth in surprise at her foolish display in front of the prince. Regaining her composure, Cixous offered a small bow towards Tashimī before apologising.