𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

hey guys! in this chapter i'm putting a warning for anxiety, panic attacks, and homophobia. if you don't want to read, skip down to the part with the (~~~~~~~~) and then read from there, there will be a summary at the end. enjoy!

-----------

George woke up in a haze of happiness and amazement. He sat up and slowly brought his hands to his lips, remembering what happened in his dream last night.

It finally happened. Dream and I really kissed.

This put George in an extremely happy mood. He felt like he was on top of the world, like he was indestructible. George was drunk with the memory of Dream's lips on his.

To celebrate his amazing mood, he went downstairs and made pancakes for breakfast, listening to upbeat music and dancing around the kitchen the entire time and scaring his cat. She ran into the other room at one point when he started screaming the Dancing Queen lyrics.

After eating his breakfast, he made a list of things he needed from the store. He would need to drive out to the large supermarket today, because he needed toilet paper and shampoo.

When he was done, he ran upstairs to change out of his pajamas. George wanted to put on a cute outfit today, another side effect of his amazing mood. After contemplating for a solid 5 minutes, George pulled his skirt out of his closet and put it on. Paired with his pastel pink hoodie and converse, George was finally satisfied with his outfit.

George didn't just think he was cute, he knew it. He smiled as he looked at himself in the mirror, admiring his outfit. 'Dream would love this,' George thought to himself with a giggle.

George said goodbye to cat and left his house, getting in his car and turning his music back on. He sang along happily as he drove to the store, getting some strange looks from people at the stop lights. When George finally reached the Tesco's, he parked his car and went inside.

George didn't notice the stares at first, he was too busy daydreaming and picking out the freshest fruit. But as his shopping trip went on, he noticed people staring at him more and more. He even heard a little boy whisper not so quietly to his mom, "mommy, why is that boy wearing a skirt?" She just hushed him and gave George an apologetic look before rushing away.

At this point all of George's previous confidence had gone down the drain. Why did he think that this would be a good idea? With every stare, he got more and more determined to finish his trip so he could leave.

The final straw came when an old woman came up to him and said, "young man, why are you wearing a skirt? You know that isn't appropriate at a store."

George was livid. Who was this old lady to tell him what he could and couldn't wear? "Can you tell me why? I see a bunch of young ladies wearing skirts around the store, so why did you feel the need to interrupt my day to tell me this?" George said in a polite voice.

The lady laughed at this. "You know why. Boys aren't supposed to wear skirts, everyone knows that. Now go home to your boyfriend and stop making people uncomfortable in public."

George got extremely mad at this. He was about 10 seconds away from cussing out this lady. "Look. I don't know much, but I do know about common courtesy and manners. It is apparent that in your old age you're forgetting yours! You felt the need to come up to someone and ruin their day when they weren't hurting anyone, so why didn't you just keep to yourself? Oh! I know why! Because you're a shallow bitter old woman who only gets satisfaction out of gossiping and putting people down!" George took a breath. He knew he was going too far, but it was too late to stop. "I hope the next time you see something you don't like, you keep it to yourself. Goodbye!"