Chapter 7.5: Brush Your Teeth, Three Times A Day

[Umm... Content warning?]

      "Oh hello there, sweet brother of mine!" Ruby was giddy, giggling as she slowly knocked on the open door to enter.

      "What do you want?" A groan came out of my mouth. I was happy that my obnoxiously loud 'team' had headed out. Only for this one to come in.

       "You know. Just wanting to hang around my  favorite family member."

       "Ruby, as long as your father despises me. I don't count as one." I'm not even sure we're blood related.

       "Oh Don't be like that! We grew up together. I'm sure we have a bond like no other!"

      Her innocent voice skipping closer until she was directly behind me. Her hands went directly into massaging my shoulder. I could hear a soft inhale from her as if she was bracing herself for something.

    "You know..." Ruby trailed her voice up. "I may or may not have heard that Team (Y/N) had some... Weapon upgrades. And I was wondering—"

      "No." I answered before she could even finish.

      "What? Oh come on, I didn't even finish!" She shouted directly near my ear.

     "You want me to hook you up with my 'secret weapon dealer'? Sorry, but I don't think I can just send off pipsqueaks like you to that part of town."

      "Ugh... Yang will come with me!"

      "Did she say she will?"

      "... No she said the same thing you did." The girl hanged her head in defeat.

     "Comeee onnn... Pleassseee. I'd love Crescent Rose to be as versatile as your DeusExMachina! Just one upgrade and I'll never ask for anything again!"

       "Ruby Rose..."

       "Yes, (Y/N)?"

       "Give it up."

       "Now now (L/N). Let's talk this over first."

       "No."

       "Whyyyy?" Little Red turned chibier and chibier by each reaction. I wondered how far she'd go until she'd eventually shrink small enough to be ignorable. But it's not like I can do that.

       "Alright let's have a match then." I sighed. Well it won't be anything like one though.

       I stood up and went towards my desk. “You’re making a unilateral request, Ruby. In gaming terms, it’s not a match between players. You’re playing against the house.”

       Her expression shifted. As if she lit up. Was she equipped with some sort of vector-motion sensor that would respond automatically at a mention of a match.

       "Hehe. Deal! I see I have to prove myself to be as edgy enough like you?" She assented. "Just give me the rules then, I'll handle it no problem."

         Hmph. She's too naive. It takes a lot for me to get worried for someone. She was it.

        I'd have to teach her a lesson.  She asked me what rules. So its up to me. But it shouldn't be impossible for her to complete. It has to be a feasible Challange—A seemingly fair setup.