Season 1 ~ The Forest

Smoothing down my black dress, I slip on a pair of black flats as I make my way into the living room, seeing Dustin try to put on his tie.

Grabbing his shoulder, I gesture for the tie and place it around his neck, straightening it out for him.

Once our mom walked in, her keys in hand as we made our way to the graveyard.

Standing behind Dustin and next to my mom, the pastor reads as I look around, the three boys in front of me obviously not in the headspace to be at this funeral.

Nudging Lucas and Mike, Dustin tilts his head over to a small blonde girl, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Just wait until we tell Will that Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral." Dustin snickered, causing the boys to silently laugh.

"Shh." I say, smacking Dustin upside the head lightly so he could stop talking.

Placing my white rose in the casket, I make my way over to the Byers family, tightly hugging Joyce as Jonathan tilted his head over at the back of the graveyard, already seeing Nancy as her dress poked out from behind the gravestone she sat at.

"I'm so sorry, Joyce." I say as I subtly nod to Jonathan, indicating i'd be there soon. "If there's anything Dustin and I can do to help, please call and let us know."

Nodding, she thanks me, wrapping her arms tightly across her chest as I see Dustin and my mom making their way into the funeral hall.

Checking my surroundings, I make my way to Jonathan and Nancy, ready to come up with a plan.

Leaning against the gravestone next to Jonathan and Nancy, we look at a piece of paper with three red x's, shaped in a circle, indicating where the monster we were looking for was.

"This is where we know for sure it's been, right?"Jonathan says, pointing to the piece of paper.

"So that's..." Nancy whispers.

"Steve's house." Jonathan says, concluding Nancy's sentence. "That's the woods where they found Will's bike, That's my house."

"It's all so close." I breathe out, blighting my nail.

"Yeah, exactly." Jonathan nods. "I mean, it's all within a mile or something. "Whatever this thing is, it's not traveling far."

"You want to go out there?" Nancy asks.

"We might not find anything this time." I say.

"We found something last time." She retorts with a pointed look.

Jonathan and I look at Nancy before she continues. "And if we do see it, then what?"

"We kill it." Jonathan sighs, looking over at Nancy.

Jonathan looks over at his car, getting up and rushing over to it. He unlocks his glovebox and starts to quickly rummage through it.

"What are you doing?" Nancy asks, arms crossed over her chest.

"Just give him a second, Nance." I say, shivering from the crisp fall air.

Jonathan comes out of the car holding two hand guns and a big box of bullets.

"Are you serious?" Nancy sighs.

"What?" Jonathan quips, preparing the gun. "You want to find this thing and take another photo? Yell at it?"

"This is a terrible idea." She says.

"Yeah, well," Jonathan sighs. "It's the best we've got."

Nancy rolls her eyes and stares at the ground.