Chapter 23

*Third person Pov*

'Is she gonna like the ring? I hope she does. What if she says no? What if I mess up. Do I have the right stuff to say?" Ronald Weasley thought to himself as he and his hopefully soon-to-be fiance walked to a fancy restaurant named 'The Cheesecake Factory. Once they got to the entrance door Ron held it open for Hermione, she was wearing a beautiful skin-tight red dress that fell just above her knees, matching it with simple black heels. Her hair was half up with the rest falling perfectly down her back. Ron was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, light grey button-up shirt with a bowtie to match his girlfriend's dress. His hair was messy, but an organized mess, it suited him very well.

The two walked in and Ron went to the front desk saying, "Reservation for Weasley at 7:30," The waiter nodded and stood up "Welcome, right this way." He said and walked through the dining room to the outside deck. Ron made sure to get the side where the sunset could be seen, remembering how Hermione said that she loved watching the sunset.

They stopped at the table, where Ron beat her to her chair and pulled it out for Hermione.

Hermione blushed at how gentleman-like her boyfriend always was. 'How am I so lucky?'

Ron made sure to order the best wine and whatever she wanted, something that made Hermione blush even harder.

Eventually, after the pair had finished their food, Ron started to get nervous because he was about to pop the question.

Mione noticed his sudden change in mood but didn't say anything.

"Mione, in the first year, when we weren't friends, the only reason was because I was intimidated. You were so perfect and amazing and I couldn't compete. But when you accepted me, my heart soared. I didn't know it then, but I was in love with you. The first time I realized I was in love with you was when you punched Malfoy in the face back in our third year. I adored you then Mione, and I adore you now."

Ron paused to get up from the table and get down on one knee. Hermione's hand flew to her mouth in shock. Her normal chocolate brown eyes glossed over with tears of pure joy.

"I visited your parents to get permission, and they both said yes. Now all I need you to do is say yes. Hermione Jean Granger, will you marry me?"

Hermione didn't hesitate for a second. "Yes! Yes! Oh, Merlin of course!"

Ron slipped the ring on her finger as she pulled him up to kiss him.

The pair paid for their meal and excitedly and headed home rushed.

To say they had an eventful night would be a massive understatement.

-

@Luna.Lovegood

Y'all I found a dress that has pockets!!!!

Liked by @Dean.Thomas and 6,292 others.