Karai x reader

Requested by @flamingo-oregano

Title: Tattoo

"Are you losers ready to go?" Karai asked as she lazily leaned against the door of the classroom, where Casey and I were finishing packing up our things. "I can't believe you two actually got detention on a Friday." She rolled her eyes and I furrowed by eyebrows, scoffing at her as Casey rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna get Red from her math-club-thing. Be back." He threw a wave over his shoulder and left, shaking his head.

"What are you talking about? You were supposed to be here!" I exclaimed as I laughed, Karai throwing a paper ball at me.

"I didn't want to come." She shrugged as I pulled on my backpack, walking past her. I groaned at the weight on my back and suddenly, there was a tug and the weight was gone. I turned to see Karai shouldering on my pack, gesturing for me to go on. "Come on, I wanna leave before I die." I rolled my eyes, but walked on, sending her a smile as I went.

I didn't notice her small grin as she followed along.

"What took you two so long?" Casey demanded as he walked up to us, April on the phone behind him as she paced around the hall, laughing.

"Oh, shush Jones." Karai scolded as she strode past him, down the hallway. She put her hand on my shoulder as she passed, rolling her eyes. "Ignore him. I'm gonna go call my dad and let him know we're hanging out tonight. Meet you outside."

Casey elbowed me gently as he winked, "She likes you." I shook my head and pushed him away, smiling.

"No she doesn't." I laughed as he gave me a noogie, April walking over to us as she finally hung up the phone.

"Yeah, she does." April retorted, scrunching up half of her face in a teasing motion. I groaned.

"No, she doesn't!"

"Yes I do." We heard from down the hall. I turned to see Karai pulling her phone out of her pocket, tapping on it. She turned her head and gave us a deadpanned expression, before turning back around and leaving, her backpack still on her shoulder.

"Is it just me or could I not tell whether she's joking or not?" April finally said after a moment of silence as we all stared at where she'd gone. Casey shrugged and I stayed quiet, trying to hide the growing blush on my face.

"Why are we up here again?" I asked as I slowly climbed the ladder to the top of the building, trying not to look down. I was the last one up, so Karai carefully leaned down and gave me her hand, pulling me the rest of the way up.

"April's dad's plane is going to pass over us in a few minutes, so she wants to watch it go by before she doesn't see him for a month." Karai, surprisingly, told me gently. Of course, she would understand. Her adoptive dad was constantly away with work and such things, only leaving her an unnecessary bodyguard every once in a while. Though, she'd been trained in ninjutsu since was a kid, so I had always thought it was more for her dad's sake.

"Look, guys! Here he comes!" April cheered, pointing upward. We all looked to where she was pointing to see a plane, slowly getting bigger and bigger as it passed. We all cheered and jumped with April as she cried goodbyes and "I love you's" to her dad. After a few moments, the plane was gone, and it was over.

"I feel better now. Thanks for coming with me, guys." April pulled us into a group hug- Karai groaning and Casey being a little too eager to get his hands around us. When we disbanded, she yawned and said she was going to head down and get some shuteye. Casey immediately volunteered to walk her home and told us to text the group chat when we got home. He cared more than he showed it.