11'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

"Have you lost your mind?"

I was locked in the cell, standing in front of Chris before the bars. He looked pained despite the fact that I didn't feel anything about the situation.

"My mind is pretty much sane-."

"You knotted a vampire...then when we could've caught him you...you fought against your own kind. He escaped...he fucking escaped - Azriel Moreau! You truly have lost it." Chris shook his head quickly and I grin. "Stop grinning at me! This isn't a good thing! You will be charged for going against your own kind. They won't see it any other way!"

"That's too bad. I can take care of myself, besides, if you had listened to me first off without running off...I wouldn't be here; so I think it's safe to say it's your fault-."

"No! I tried saving you!" Chris yells at me, and I back away from the bars now. I lean against the wall now, looking off.

All I could think about was Azriel. I'm happy he got away, but...what do I do from here? This is different from my house - I'm in the heart of the city. It's miles away from my house and it's much different.

There are werewolves everywhere. I have to depend on myself now. No one can take care of me better than I can, and this is good proof today. I already know Azriel won't come back.

"Well, you suck at it. I'm just going to tell you that right now-."

"I'm...the only damn one who really cares about you Idris, so I suggest you be kind to me. We're in dating-."

"No, we aren't. I'm not with you Chris...and I never can be." I tell him honestly...finally. I watch his eyes not even look sad...he actually looked furious.

His hands gripped the bars tightly, glaring at me.

"You are under a spell...I know it. You were...you were about to be mine. You were in love with me too-."

"I was never in love with you. I just used you...because I couldn't accept the truth. That my Mate was a vampire. I chose you as the distraction, so that I didn't have to be with a vampire. You were never an option, just a distraction. I was never yours and you were never mine. I do want to say sorry though...for leading you on for as long as I did because I was too much of a coward-."

"Shut up!" Chris shrieks, causing me to sigh.

I could tell he wasn't going to accept that. There was no way he'd accept something like that even though it was true.

I know I probably hurt his feelings all because I didn't listen to Azriel. If I had just been accepting of the truth and not warp someone into this...especially someone who was so in love with me as much as Chris was - we wouldn't be dealing with this shit.

"You have to be lying...I thought you liked me...?" He sneers, causing me to sigh.

"I liked the distraction, and you are a good person. I might as well just say it - you deserve better than me-."

"To hell with that, and to hell with that vampire! To hell with you! You used me!" He shouts at me and I don't bother arguing. "I was the only one...the only damn one who gave a shit about your ass! No one gave a fuck about you! I liked you...I was even on the brink of should I dare say love!? No one cared and I tried to be that caring one since you didn't have anyone, but I now see why! You're such a shitty, orphaned coward! No one loved you when you were born and even now no one loves you still!"

I felt my eyes widen as he yells that at me. I watch him look at me crazily and he no longer looked nice. He...really went there.

Not that I don't...deserve it.