Chapter 65

*Let go of the illusion that it could of ended differently*

*Leah's Person Pov*

SecretaryRoss. The one person I wanted to avoid; but I knew it would happen at one point. All that I fought for, fighting against the people I love, is all going to drown away; depending on the outcome of today.

"Tony! Where are my shoes!" I shouted from our bedroom.
"Should be where you left them last," he replied sarcastically, walking into the room as he buttoned his suit blazer

Was it worth the fight? Maybe. Maybe not. There are pro's and con's to the recent event. However, some things have to be done to carry on the future. Might not be the future you wished for, but, its better than nothing. In the end, everything is worth it.

I was going to a meeting, including Rhodey, Tony, Vision and of course, me. We were going to be discussing what shall happen. Considering I am a criminal, I should of went with Steve and the rest. However, I couldn't. I couldn't leave Tony. It would break him. Fighting with him was enough, but fleeing the country? That was not going to happen.

"You know you might have to sign the Accords," Rhodey stated.
"I'm going to avoid it at all costs. There has to be a way out of this. And if so, it can be a way out for the rest."
"The only way not signing is going to Prison," Tony said.

I ignored them and carried on walking to the briefing room. I am nervous. I hate to admit it, but I am. Why wouldn't I be?

"Greetings, Miss Harper!" Secretary Ross exclaimed with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
"Mr Secretary," I nodded with a straight face.

"Please, please come and sit; all of you," Ross gestured to the seats.
I sat infront of Tony. Rhodey sat next to me and Vision next to Tony, while Ross was at the front.

"So, as you may know. Miss Harper, you are a criminal."
"Really?" I asked sarcastically and I got a glare from Tony.
"Yes. Now, your wanting to come to me, so I can clear your name. Is that right?"
"Correct."
"Sorry, I can't just clear your name with the click of my fingers," Ross laughed.

"But, you can find a way to clear it though?" Rhodey stepped in the conversation.
"Yes. Always a way. Spend 25 years in Prison for the multiple laws you broke."
"25!?" Tony nearly shouted in shock.
"Mr Secretary, I'm sure we can lower the years, correct?" Vision asked.

"Obviously. Sign the Accords."

Those were not the words I wanted to here.

"Seriously? I'm sure depending on your behaviour in Prison, it can reduce the amount of years," I said.

"Okay. Since you have done good for the world, and you did, risk your life back in Sokovia. I will consider, if your behaviour is well for a month, I will reduce to 4 years. Or, you can sign the Accords and have a 2 year house arrest like Barton and Lang. However, the second option does have a rule: no using your powers."

"She will sign the Accords."
"I'll take the first option."

Tony and I both said different things at the same time.

"I'll leave you all to discuss, meeting first thing tomorrow morning. Or if you agree earlier then just give me a call." Secretary Ross left us in the briefing room.

"Come on Leah. Just make this easier for yourself," Rhodey tried to convince.
"Look, if I sign the Accords, everything that happened, happened for nothing!" I argued.

"4 years in Prison Leah? Are you serious? That's too long. Away from all of us. Whereas if you take the second option, you can be with us all," Vision explained.

"Come on...Leah..." Tony looked at me, the way he did when he first met me....
"I can't just do that..."

I sighed and walked out the room, leaving the three in there to discuss without me.

Word Count:673
Just a short chapter for now.
Thankyou for 7k and 500 votes ♡
Kiwi ~🥝