"If you treat me like an option, I'll leave you like a choice

"If you treat me like an option, I'll leave you like a choice."

I waited patiently for the ship to start moving again.

The next time Olly came I'd ask him to ask Caspian if I could meet the newest member of the crew.

Another girl on board, it almost felt like a dream.

My heart ached, I missed Nixie dearly. She was my closest friend, but hopefully this new stranger is just as great.

Hours went by in silence. I watched the sun set from the small window in my room. The light painted the sky all kinds of colors.

As a full time siren I looked at the sky very little, but now, mostly human, I found it to be my favorite part of above the sea.

Even when I went back to my life I'd carve out time to watch the sun set.

A knock on the door startled me away from the window, causing me to land on the floor.

I jumped up, "Come in!"

Olly poked his head in, "Miss, the boat is leaving the dock now."

"So she's on board?"

"Who?"

"The new passenger."

"Oh, yes, yes she is."

"What does she look like?"

"Rich, important."

"Can I meet her?"

Olly made a cringing face, "I'll speak to the cap'in." He left a tray of food by the door before shutting it.

I beamed as Olly left.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・

I fell asleep before Olly could come back with news.

When I woke up, the sun was barely starting to shine. I watched for an hour as it slowly lit up the sky.

The sun lifted out of the distance to shine over everything.

I was careful this time when a knock sounded behind me. I carefully climbed down, "Come in!"

Olly walked in, "You've been requested."

"By Caspian?"

"No, by Lady Calliste."

So that was her name. I rushed out the door, "Where is she staying?"

"On the other side in the closest cabin to the cap'in."

I slowed my pace, something about what he said made my mouth taste sour.

Nevertheless I made my way to the correct cabin (with help from Olly) and knocked.

"Who is it?" A dainty voice asked from the other side.

"Astrid,"

Soft footsteps started toward the door until it opened revealing a stunning woman.

She looked to be in her low twenties, soft blue eyes, dirty blonde hair in a low bun, and she was wearing a stunning strapless dress.

As I examined her, she examined me.

"Come in, please." She moved out of the door way to make room for me to walk in. She shut the door on Olly, leaving just the two of us alone.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Calliste."

"Please, just call me Callie. The title is ridiculous coming from you."

I tilted my head, "What do you mean?"

She walked over to her lavish bed, "A siren, I mean. Caspian wouldn't stay quiet about how he was so proud to have caught one to show his father."

I nodded, "Yes. Caught."

"I must say, your outfit is...interesting. Is this typical wear for sirens?"

"Oh, no, I made this from old netting and a blanket. As sirens we don't usually require clothing."

Calliste nodded, before stopping altogether, "Hold on, Caspian never got you proper clothing?"

I slowly shook my head.

"And you have no idea how improper what your wearing is?"

I looked down at my makeshift clothing. It certainly covered a lot less than a dress would, but I didn't particularly care about human customs. I shrugged.

Calliste jumped from her bed and over to one of her large bags, "I'm going to have a talk with Caspian. It's completely improper to have you wandering aboard with all these men in that."

She pulled out a white dress and some underclothing, "This is a lighter dress, in case you prefer that, and some undergarments. There is a privacy curtain just there." She pointed to the corner of her room where a makeshift wall separated the space.

"Thank you," I smiled at her.

"Of course! It's not everyday I get to meet a siren. You'll have to show me your tail too! That I'd if your okay with that-"

"I'd love to." I walked to the corner and changed.

"What do you think?" I spun the light material.

"I think you look fabulous, and I also think we need to get some fresh air." She linked our arms and opened her door.