Chapter 9

Edward's POV

We finally got back to U.A. with Ling. Present Mic and Aizawa following close behind. Alphonse got Ling inside the Nurse's office, and Eraserhead took Al and me to meet with Principal Nezu. When we got there, it was filled with all sorts of adults in varying brightly colored outfits, and even Deku was there in a state of panic.

Then, to our surprise, our teacher stepped out in front of us, with a look of pure rage and disgust on her face. Instinctively, Al and I fell to the ground in apology. "Teacher! When did you get here?" Al's voice shook nervously, and I just cowered in fear.

"Winry and I got here yesterday, as well as some military dogs by the name of Mustang and Hawkeye. Be glad I'm here, too, because you two made a horrible mistake." Her voice boomed, and she hit us both over the head with her fist.

Deku rushed to our side to help us up, "Hey! There's no need for that!"

Eraserhead then pulled our teacher away from us and stared at her in confusion, "Let's be rational about this, please. There is a time and place for punishment, and now is not the time nor the place." Our teacher glared at him and opened her mouth to speak before coughing up a large amount of blood. Deku, Al, and I screamed as she doubled over and gripped her sides.

"I'm fine. I just need a moment." She stumbled over to a couch and sat down, sitting up straight and acting as if nothing happened.

After seeing what happened, All Might stepped toward her, "Hey. We have someone who can minimize internal bleeding like that. You should go visit her. Helped me a lot when I took a bad hit to the stomach."

She brushed him off, "After we talk, I will, but for now, I'm fine. I'm taking medications."

Another man in a full cloak, bearing a skeleton grin, placed his hand on the skinny man's shoulder, "Let's move on with the meeting."

With a loud and aggressive bark, everyone's attention turned to another chimera-like person, this time part dog. "Now that Aizawa and Present Mic are here, we can get started! Everyone quite down! Pay close attention to what I have to say! Yesterday-" He started growling, barking, and howling for a minute or two until a tall woman in a suggestive outfit took over for him.

"Thank you so much, Hound Dog. Let me elaborate, everyone. As you must have already noticed, we have some unfamiliar yet cute faces here with us and a few absent. That's right. Principal Nezu is gone. He disappeared around the same time as the earthquake yesterday, not long after our new friends appeared. Please welcome Colonel Mustang, Lieutenant Hawkeye, Mrs. Izumi Curtis, Winry Rockbell, and Edward and Alphonse Elric." She started applauding, and those of us that she mentioned awkwardly came to the front of the room to greet everyone. "Anyway, since Principal Nezu isn't here, I'm going to let Mrs. Curtis explain everything that's happening."

Our teacher stood up, rejecting help from everyone who offered, and stood at the front of the room with an intimidating aura around her. "The earthquakes are because Edward here made a grave mistake with something called Alchemy. He opened something he shouldn't have and wound up in a whole other world. Because of that, our two worlds are slowly colliding, in a way. Earthquakes are happening as a side effect, as well as people being transmuted from one world to the other. The only way to stop this? To get everyone back to their original world. As far as I am aware, it is just us that are out of place, as well as three homunculi. Principal Nezu, Mineta, Uraraka, and Monoma are gone from this world, but with the help from a few friends back home, they can get safely back just fine." She continued her long speech, including the need for getting the homunculi and escaping in no more than two days. Otherwise, our worlds collide, and no one will be able to survive.

A tall girl with long blue hair spoke up, a little frightened yet trying to stay optimistic, "Well, let's make a plan! What are the homunculi like? What can they do? Maybe we can get a team to go get them."

"Two of the homunculi are Sloth and Envy. Sloth is impossibly strong, and Envy can shapeshift into anyone at will. The third one, I don't know his name, but he's a little boy that can control shadows." I spoke up, folding my arms and getting deep in thought about the third boy. He looked so familiar for some reason...

Deku started to mumble to himself, forming a plan. He overtook the entire room with his mumbling, and our teacher got frustrated quickly, "Leave the homunculi to Edward, Alphonse, and myself. We can handle them easily. We just need help to get in and get out as fast as possible." She glared at Deku, who snapped out of it and put his arms up in apology and surrender.

A person in a big white suit and a black helmet spoke up, "Eraserhead, Present Mic, you saw them. Who would you pick to extract them?"

Eraserhead thought for a moment before speaking up, "We won't need a lot. We need stealth and strength if we want to make this quick. Power Loader, Midnight, Ectoplasm, and I would make the best team. Then Mrs. Curtis and whomever she needs."

I thought back to what I heard Envy say, "They need sacrifices to open some portal. The homunculi are working with the League of Villains to use heroes as those sacrifices. I heard Envy say that when we were getting Ling. 'The more, the merrier...'"

A muscular man with grey hair and fangs spoke up, "We should keep up patrols, then. To make sure they don't attack us and take hostages."

As I looked around the room, everyone seemed frozen. Everyone stared at the ground, lost in thought and frightened. This is why I work alone... I could have those homunculi already if Eraserhead and Present Mic hadn't followed us. As I got frustrated with the prolonged silence, I grabbed Alphonse's and Deku's hands and stormed out. "Why can't we just go after them now? Those adults are all talk, and no action, I can tell. Let's just leave right now and come back heroes in an hour."

"Brother, no. We can't do that. This world is different than ours; we can't just leave whenever we want anymore. And they can help us, so we don't get hurt. The homunculi are powerful, now even more so because they have the League of Villains. Let's just be patient and wait for the perfect time to go get them." Alphonse reasoned with me, turning to Deku for help.

Deku just nodded, a little surprised that I would suggest such a thing, "Trust me, every time we go up against the League, we almost die. I don't want anything happening to you guys or any of my friends."

I scowled in irritation, "Okay, fine. Let's just bait the homunculi out of the League's lair. That way, we don't have to face any villains and only have to go up against the homunculi. That safe enough for you?"

The door behind me creaked open, and we turned to see All Might standing in the doorway, looking concerned. "Hey there, kids. Everything alright?"

Alphonse sighed in relief, "Oh, good, maybe you can talk some sense into my brother. He wants to go after the Homunculi on his own, just the three of us." He let his arms fall to his sides, half giving up on me.

"Oh, young Edward. Please, don't put that kind of pressure on yourself. We have a plan now. You don't have to worry about a thing. You saved your friend Ling, which you did wonderfully, and now we can rest easy and leave it in the capable hands of the professional heroes." He gave a small but sweet old-man smile, "How about you head back to the dorms and relax?"

I was about to protest, but Deku interrupted me, "Good idea, All Might. Let's go, Ed and Al."