Shiganshina

The cold soothed my skin as the light winter breeze blew through the area, the leaves of the snowy trees brushing against each other. It felt so good to have a little relief. My body had stopped burning and aching as I felt cold, fluffy flakes gently fall upon my skin as I exhaled.

     I opened my eyes.

     I was laying on a fancy stone bench outside in a beautiful forested valley that was caked in a small but thick layer of snow. Every tree's leaves had snow on it, making the trees and areas look like something you'd only see in a fairy tale story book.

     There was a big cushioned pillow beneath me, separating my body from the cold stone of the bench. There was also a very pretty hand woven quilt covering me up, keeping me warm from the snow. It was so comfortable...like I truly belonged here. I just wanted to cuddle back up under it and sleep some more.

The wind whistled through the trees as more snowflakes touched my skin.

So cold

So relaxing

So soothing

For the first time, I looked to the end of the bench. I saw...her. She sat at the other end of the bench with a book in her hand, reading ever so diligently. One of her hands holding the book, her other hand tucking in the quilt from where I had jostled it eschew in my sleep. I reached one arm out from under the quilt towards her. She gently grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly. She then closed her book and sat it down on her lap. I started to speak, but she put her petite index finger on my top lip to stop me. She then put that same finger over her mouth, quietly shushing me like an elegant caretaker that wanted a loved one to rest.

     She looked to the distance at something, and I turned my head to follow her gaze. She was looking at the largest snow covered tree in the forest. It was far in the distance, but it was so massive that I could still see it.

     It was hard to tell for sure, but through all the snowy branches and trunks in the forest between the large tree and myself; I saw a girl laying at the base of another tree gazing at the massive one

I looked closer to see that this was the blonde girl from my dreams and visions. She just laid there, watching the massive tree as if though it was her only hope. Once my eyes fully reached her though...just enough to concentrate on her...she turned her head and looked back at me. Those somber violet eyes a stark contrast to all the cold snow around us.

Again...

She tilted her head in curiosity.

I did the same.

I felt a smooth hand pet my head which caused me to break my gaze with the strange blonde girl. I looked to see that it was Lady Tybur; as I had started to call her. Her warm eyes making me feel ever more comfortable. She spoke only one sentence.