14. Christmas Cake

Fifth Year:

"Hey dad, I was just calling to check if everything was okay. And... it's your voicemail again. Call me when you can, please?"

I hung up and sat on the sofa again. Hours had passed and none of our parents came back.

Fred was hanging his head upside down on the armchair while Roxanne was sitting next to Teddy on the floor. James was downstairs in the kitchen looking for something to eat.

"Looks like you guys are staying here for a little longer."

Fred groaned and sat back up. "I am so bored."

Roxanne got up and reached for the phone again. She dialed a number and waited.

"Hey mom. It's been more than five hours and yet none of you returned our calls. We know you're busy, but I'm starting to get worried."

She hung up and looked at me. "Why do I have this freling that our Christmas will be ruined?"

Suddenly I had an idea.

"Lets make christmas cakes."

"Christmas cakes?" Teddy asked. "I thought they were cookies."

"Well, yeah. But I don't know how to make cookies. And cake is more fun."

Fred nodded his head and smiled. "Ooh, I like that. I'm the best cook in the house."

"I don't know about that. But you're better than me, that's for sure." Roxanne said.

"Let's turn this into a competition." Teddy offered and everyone accepted.

We went downstairs to the kitchen to find James eating all my secret stash.

"Potter, don't eat them! They are mine!"

"But they are fo fasfy." It's hard to understand him when his mouth is full.

"How did you even find them?" I grabbed my chocolates and sweets from him as he swallowed.

"What kind of psycho puts their secret stash inside a pillow and hides it into the cat house? You don't even have a cat!"

"None of your business!"

I placed the sweets on top of the fridge, so I can hide them again, later.

Teddy chuckled and sat next to James as I glared at him.

"Why were you looking inside a cat house, anyway?"

"No reason. Just wondering around."

"So, Jamey Jamey. We are going to do a cooking competition. Would you like to join?" Fred began.

"You got me at competition. What are doing then?"

"Teddy and I think that we are the best cookers. And we can proove it to you with making the most delicious cake you will ever eat."

"Okay."

"But, Roxanne is a terrible cooker, so she can't join. Because last time she cooked, she almost burnt down the whole garden. And yes, I said garden. Not kitchen. So you have to team up with Lily."

I wasn't really paying attention until he said my name.

No, no, no. I will not be partners with him.

'Why can't he be partners with one of you two?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Because that's no fun." Teddy said simply.

I'm questioning my life desicions again...

I mean, I don't want to be mean or anything but, why can't they just stay with their grandparents?