𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Kaiya didn't go with Satoru, Itadori, and Megumi to go pick up the third first year because... well... She slept through it. She didn't meet the third first year, Kugisaki Nobara, until later in the day when she was fully rested and willing to interact with people.

Two weeks later, Kaiya stood beside Ijichi Kiyotaka. Ijichi looked up at the dark sky and back down at Kaiya who had her eyes locked on the juvie center in front of them. Kaiya grabbed the hair tie on her wrist and tied her hair up. "Are you sure you'll be able to do this?" Ijichi asked.

"Yeah, I'm trained for this," Kaiya said, taking her sunglasses off of her face. "Can you hold this?" She asked, holding her sunglasses to Ijichi.

"Sure," He replied, taking the sunglasses from her hand.

"I'm allowed to leave bodies behind, right?" Kaiya asked suddenly. Ijichi looked at her, shocked. "Uh..." He hesitated.

"If you don't give me a straight answer, I'm not bringing anything back."

"Yes," Ijichi answered, "You are allowed to. But may I ask why you're leaving them behind?"

"Well one, it's too dangerous for me to potentially carry at least one dead body while a special grade is around. What if I run into it? The dead body will only slow me down," Kaiya explained, "And secondly, I don't rescue criminals."

"Shinimi-senpai?" A familiar voice asked. Kaiya turned around and was met with the three first years standing behind her.

"What the hell are you three doing here?" Kaiya asked.

"We were put on this mission," Megumi replied.

"No, I was put on this mission," Kaiya retorted.

"But..." Megumi began.

"You know I'm stronger at night and I'm trained to take on special grades. You three aren't." Kaiya argued.

"Special grades?" Megumi and Kugisaki asked at the same time. "There's a special grade involved?" Megumi questioned.

"There are five detainees in the center with a curse womb," Ijichi explained, "If the cursed womb is the type that metamorphoses, we predict it'll become a special grade curse spirit."

"Hey, so... I still don't really get what a special grade means," Itadori spoke up. Megumi sighed.

"I'll explain it so even idiots can understand," Ijichi said, "First, there's grade 4. A wooden bat is enough for them. Grade 3. If you have a handgun, you can rest easy. Grade 2. It'll be close enough with a shotgun. Grade 1. Even a tank may be insufficient. Then there's special grade. Let's just say you might be on even footing if you carpet bomb it with cluster bombs."

"That's real bad!" Itadori exclaimed.

"Normally a Jujutsu Sorcerer on par with the cursed spirit would take the mission. On a day like today, it would be Gojou-sensei," Megumi added. He looked at Kaiya, "I'm guessing that you're the sorcerer to replace Gojou-sensei?"

"Yeah, since he's away on business, I'm taking his place on this mission." Kaiya replied, "Satoru-san doesn't bring me on his missions so that the higher-ups can send me in as his replacement on these kinds of missions if needed."

"I-I see..." Itadori mumbled under his breath.

"Unfortunately, we're constantly short-handed in this business," Ijichi continued, "You'll often have to take on missions beyond your power."

"Which is exactly why I'm here," Kaiya interjected, "You three don't have to be here. I can handle this."

"What if you need backup?" Itadori asked.