Chapter Twenty-One: Death By Caterpillars

Cole's POV

I stretched out on Brian's bed. "Today was fun." I said with a slight smile, wincing a bit from my busted lip.

Brian flopped down next to me and nodded his head, "Definitely. Thanks for cheering me up about my car."

I smiled at him, "I'm your best friend, it's my job." I licked my busted lip again, "Besides I needed to get out anyways. I was cooped up in your house for a solid three hours and that just so hArd, Brian."

Brian rolled his eyes, "Oh yeah." He said, "I'm sure it must've sucked ass."

I laughed, "You know it did. I get nervous when I'm at home for too long, then I get the nervous shits and the last time I had the nervous shits I had to sit down and tell the plumber what was wrong and that gave me even more nervous shits. It's an endless cycle Brian."

"I know, you told Nathaniel all about your nervous shits earlier."

I cackled, "Jealous?"

"About your nervous shits? No."

"Brian I hope you're happy being such a party pooper..." I turned on my side facing away from him and closed my eyes. "I'm supposed to be the pooper in this friendship."

"Shut up and go to sleep."

"Yes daddy."

~~~

When I woke up the next day, I checked my phone and was thoroughly surprised to see a morning text from Nathaniel.

Goodmorning. it read.

I laughed, I hadn't expected the period at the end and honestly it was pretty damn hilarious. It made him sound like he just woke up and was not happy about it.

Morning B) I replied

I slapped my hand down on Brian's back, "wake up you dumbass." I said groggily, "We have school."

Did you dream about me? I asked Mint Icecream.

About a half a second later I got a response.

No but i did dream about flying shoes

I snickered, Sounds like you indirectly dreamt about me

"Stop laughing Cole it's fucking annoying."

I glared at Brian, "You're third leg always poking me in the morning is fucking annoying, but you don't hear me compla-" Brian cut me off by throwing a sweatshirt at my face.

"Die."

"Only if you do it with me. I get nervous by myself."

"Shut up."

I laughed again and glanced down back at my phone to see another snap from Nathaniel.

less of a dream more of a nightmare

Anything to do with me is a blessing. Satan couldn't reach you so he sent me and, honestly, I'm doing a great job.

I honestly don't even know how you write like that

like what?

punctuation

It's my only talent and I don't blame you for jealousy.

At least I know how not to drive vehicles into bushes

WeLl AreN'T yOu SpECIAl