thirty five.

A WARM BREEZE blows by Jordyn, her hair floats around her face, bristling in random spots

She watches as an ant crawls up a tree, she smiles at the little creature.

She is out on the balcony, enjoying the smell of the pine trees and the fresh rain.

She can hear Bella playing with Renesmee from inside. Renesmee had grown a lot the past week, shes looking more like a six month old rather than a newborn. Everyone worries that shes aging too quickly, they're uncertain about how much time they may have left with her.

Jordyns reverie is interrupted by her phone buzzing in her back jean pocket, she quickly pulls it out and glances at the contact; its Caius.

Jordyn hasn't talked to him at all, he still has no clue what she was, her untimely death and her new niece.

He calls everyday, but Jordyn ignores him, too scared to tell him and too scared to see what his reaction may be.

But, she wants to tell him today. He deserves to know.

Jordyn takes an unnecessary deep breath and hits the green button, holding the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Jordyn? Is that you?" Caius is surprised by her new musical voice.

Jordyns finger traces the wood railing and she clears her throat, "Yep, hi."

"Well it's about time, where have you been? And why do you sound so different?" Caius asks, his questions swirling through the air.

"I've just been busy with family," she answers truthfully, "how've you been?" She ignores his question about her voice.

"I've been fine, busy as always," He answers, "what about you?"

"I've been great."

"When are you coming back? I miss you." He says.

Jordyns stomach erupts with butterflies, "I miss you, too. I'm not sure when I'll be back, maybe not for awhile." Jordyn says, she misses Italy, but still needs time to adjust to her new life.

Caius sighs, "You never answered my question."

"Yes I did." Jordyn says smugly.

"No, you answered one of them. Why do you sound different?" He asks again.

Jordyn sighs, "I'm sick...?" Her voice picks up at the end, turning her answer into a question.

She doesn't want to tell him, her mind has changed, mostly because he'd probably come to Forks and Jordyn doesn't want to put that on the Cullens. After all, there's a fresh baby that may spark some conspiracy and she definitely doesn't want that to happen.

Caius scoffs, "Yeah, okay. Tell me—" he stops talking, Aro can be heard babbling about something in the background, Caius sighs before speaking again, "I have to go."