Chapter 27

Chiyo Pov

I spin my katana around and kick Hidan in the side, I block Kakuzu's fist with my katana as well but to my surprise it starts cracking at in the haul. It snaps under the pressure and Kakuzu punch's me hard in the face. I groan a little as my back hits the side of the building hard.

"Dragon style: Water surge!" A powerful surge of boiling water shoots out of my mouth towards him, it grazes his leg. I jump away from them as they group together, "I can see why our leader wants you."

I throw the remainder of my katana on the ground, this is dragging out neither side is gaining any ground. The last two animals go back into Kakuzu's back sticking out threads come out of his mouth, just all over forming tentacles. "Oh that's wrong on so many levels."

"I'd say its about time to end this."

"Touma I'm going to use that jutsu....."

"Are you sure the effects will damage your body." I glance at the others who where all looking at me there gazes full of worry, "I'm sure I want to get them home, especially Asuma and I'm sure the damage won't be as bad seeing as I'm in sage mode right now." He sighs a little, "Very well I will heal as much as I can kid to keep you alive."

I smirk, "I couldn't agree more. Wood clone jutsu!" I run at them at full speed dodging Kakuzu's tentacles as the launch out at us, I ignore the cuts to my clothes and skin. Hidan rushes at me, "Be ready to be sacrificed to Lord Jashin!" My scythe hooks around his and my clone kicks him back into Kakuzu.

I gather all the chakra I can into the palm of my hand, "Dragon Elemental Rasengan!" A shuriken shape rasengan forms in my hand giving of the colors of the five elements, I hold it out in front of me and it shreds threw Kakuzu's threads like butter. "End of the line for you two!" I slam it into Kakuzu and it explodes with such force that I'm thrown away from them. I groan at the pain in my left arm and roll myself onto my belly.

It takes a minute for me to stand and I try to blink the black dots out of my vision, slowly I walk back towards Kakuzu and Hidan. The ringing in my ears getting louder, I hit Kakuzu to see if I get sort of reaction but he doesn't move an inch. Instead Hidan who was under him moves a little so I bind both body's in wood.

My body begins to sway so I turn back to where the others are, "R-Release...." As soon as the barrier around them drops they start to run over to me, but I couldn't keep myself standing. I blink slowly and the next time I open my eyes Shikamaru was over me with tears in his eyes. His lips where moving but I couldn't hear what he was saying, Asuma fumbles with bandages wrapping it around my arms I think. Don't really know all I know is he's wrapping something, I close my eyes briefly until I'm shaken hard.

I open my eyes a little to see that Choji and Ino had gotten here they both had tears in there eyes as well. Ino had her hands hovering over me telling me to stay awake I think, so I give her a weak smile.

"Rest I've got you..."

Touma's voice is the last thing I remember before I pass out completely.

Shikamaru Pov

Me and Asuma gentle lay Chiyo on the makeshift stretcher we made it was strong enough to hold Ino as well so that she can continue to keep Chiyo as stable as she could. "Aoba, Raido, Kotetsu and Izumo stay here and secure those two. The rest of us are going to rush ahead to get Chiyo treated." Asuma-sensei grabs the front of the stretcher and Choji grabs the back, we rush off into the forest.

I glance at Chiyo's form and grit my teeth, I should have never allowed her to put that mark on me. "Shikamaru." I look at Asuma-sensei, "It's not your fault nobody knew what Chiyo was going to do. You should know by know that she does whatever it takes to keep the ones she cares for safe. She'll survive this, too many people need her and I want to thank her for making sure I live to see my baby."

I let out a short breath, "Asuma-sensei we need to pick up the pace she's losing a lot of blood!" Asuma-sensei curses under his breath, "You heard her Choji pick it up!" Choji picks it up looking down at Chiyo with tears running down his cheeks, "You can't die Chiyo, who else am I supposed to eat BBQ with when Shikamaru doesn't want to."

We rush threw the village Asuma-sensei takes the other to the hospital I rush to Lady Tsunade's office. I burst threw the door, "Shikamaru what's wrong?" I look up seeing Sakura was here as well, I pant heavily.

"Come quick it's Chiyo!" All of there eyes widen and Lady Tsunade rushes around her desk, "Shizune lets go!" We all rush over to the hospital Lady Tsunade rushing right in, Sakura was about to go in as well but Shizune stops her. "Sakura you stay here." Sakura was about to protest when we hear Lady Tsunade yell, "Shizune get in here now!" Shizune rushes in without another word and I slowly approach Sakura.

I rest a hand on her shoulder, "She'll be okay Sakura." Ino walks over to her and they hug each other crying, I tilt my head up.

You better be okay troublesome women